PDA

View Full Version : Pink Ivory

gawdelpus
7th January 2010, 10:37 PM
I was down to my last few bits of Pink ivory ,got onto some and went to pick it up today :)
It was a bit of a scrounge through the last he had ,and this is what I ended up with, some light some dark, a couple of bits of zimbabwe wenge,and two nice bits of matching zimbabwe "ironwood" was meant to be for knife handles ,will look good as pens hehe. Although I had taken cash ,in the end he was happy to swap a "circuit board "pen for the lot, I left quickly thereafter hehe.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/gawdelpus/PIedit.jpg

But when I got home I felt slightly guilty so quickly knocked up a nice gold annelli pen for his wife from some of his pink ivory, only fair I thought ,took it back and she loved it, and a promise when he gets some more he will think of me for some choice bits lol. Cheers ~John

Rum Pig
7th January 2010, 10:40 PM
You lucky bugger:2tsup:

That looks like a good score and good on you for making the second pen:)

arose62
7th January 2010, 10:51 PM
You lucky bugger!!

Good score! I've got some wenge offcuts from my FIL's factory - he's said that it's now illegal to harvest it, or sell it, or something ??

Cheers,
Andrew

gawdelpus
7th January 2010, 11:08 PM
Not too sure on the Wenge but the Pink ivory is definately a protected species ,but like all these things some limited licences do exist :)

BoomerangInfo
8th January 2010, 07:27 AM
Good pickup there.

I'm still to try that piece of Pink ivory you gave me a while ago. I only use my special woods for special occasions, which don't come up very often.

Russell.

Sawdust Maker
8th January 2010, 07:59 AM
nice score all round
that ironwood looks pretty speccy

Penpal
8th January 2010, 09:48 AM
A prince among men. Your making a pen for the guys wife was indeed a wonderful
gesture, kind in thought had a great effect on the bloke. Lots of beaut pens in there.

Good move,well done Peter.:2tsup:

gawdelpus
8th January 2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Peter for the kind words ! I try to live by the rule "do unto others etc" giving is something this forum is renowned for and why I and others enjoy it so much ,along with all the great examples of our art :) For me as a pensioner I may sometimes have to be a little bit more commercially orientated ,but what I get goes straight back into the system hehe !
sometimes the small things we do for others counts for far more than we can ever really know ! cheers ~ John

wm460
8th January 2010, 01:54 PM
Great score, great gesture.

MBUMIK
8th January 2010, 06:12 PM
great score there mate

and the rule i live by "never burn the bridges behind you"

MIK

dai sensei
8th January 2010, 10:36 PM
Great score John :2tsup:

That orange one looks really promising for boxes :cool:, or cross-cut pens :rolleyes: