PDA

View Full Version : Far from pretty

corbs
11th January 2010, 09:18 PM
My first Salt & Pepper grinders in Tassie Blackwood. They don't quite match, there is a bit of tear out on them, the finish isn't great but I like them:). I have a couple of nice bits of Blackheart Sassy which will become grinders and another nice piece of figured Myrtle that may become a set too. These were just a test run and a lot of lessons were learnt:2tsup:

Corbs

coffenup
11th January 2010, 09:52 PM
they look ok to me if you don't want them i would be happy with them
regards michael

dai sensei
11th January 2010, 10:16 PM
They are a lot better than my first set of grinders :U

I like the shape, but prefer Crushgrind mechanisms, so you don't have the knobs.

corbs
11th January 2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys:)... the next set will be crush grind, but didn't see the point in experimenting with a $25 grinder when I could learn on a couple of $8 ones:-

Major lesson learned from this experiment is always buy the longest grinder and shorten if need be:wink:

Rum Pig
12th January 2010, 08:30 AM
I like them :2tsup:
I always think there should be a slight difference between them so you can identify salt and pepper without labelling them:)

Ed Reiss
12th January 2010, 12:28 PM
Corbs, ya' dun' well :2tsup: ...and if others don't like em', tell them to get their own salt and pepper shakers:U

BTW...does the "RAN" in your avatar stand for "Royal Australian Navy" ?

munruben
12th January 2010, 01:48 PM
Yep, well done.

woodwork wally
12th January 2010, 03:16 PM
Corbs Yahdunngood for your first set:2tsup: You are your best critic I like the shape and yep go for the crush grind [BUT dont be like me:no::oo:] READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND GO BY THE BOOK:) you will enjoy doing them:2tsup: cheers ww.wally

corbs
12th January 2010, 05:07 PM
BTW...does the "RAN" in your avatar stand for "Royal Australian Navy" ?

Thanks guys... and you're correct Ed:2tsup:

Tornatus
13th January 2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys... and you're correct Ed:2tsup:

And there I was thinking that it was because PTI's ran everybody into the ground .... :no:

Sawdust Maker
13th January 2010, 08:27 PM
Corbs
better then my first one

oh I haven't made one yet - but it's on my list of stuff to do

looks pretty good to me