PDA

View Full Version : The latest del Mano gallery exhibition

Woodturnerjosh
11th January 2010, 10:54 PM
This is a link to the exhibition at del Mano Gallery del Mano Gallery (http://www.delmano.com/exhibitions/2009/mainExhibitions/HansJakobWeissfl/exhibition_01.htm)

There's some interesting work here (as always) but the collaborations are the ones I find the most compelling.
Enjoy

Josh

p.s. if you haven't already seen the Michelle Holzapfel exhibition see the past exhibition list!:oo:

Manuka Jock
11th January 2010, 11:58 PM
Technically clever . Could just have as easily been made with plastic on a metal lathe , most of them .
Any warmth that the wood may have had has been machined out .

Texian
12th January 2010, 11:29 AM
Very cool stuff. Gotta make some of those.

WOODbTURNER
12th January 2010, 11:57 AM
And to think Hans Weissflog was selling some of his 50mm dia boxes for $au200.00 at a function in Qld. a couple of years ago. He said they would bring $us2000.00 in USA galleries.
I knew I should have bought one!!

rsser
12th January 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the link Josh.

tea lady
12th January 2010, 05:16 PM
:oo: Rather amazing aren't they. The collaborative pieces of both of them are completely amazing. :faint: :U

Woodturnerjosh
12th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Their work alone is certainly impressive but not really my cup of tea. The collaborations are outstanding but as fan of Jacques Vesery's work, I might be a bit biased. :U

Mr Brush
12th January 2010, 05:31 PM
Ahhhhh...so THAT'S where all the masur birch went........:doh:

Very hard to even find veneer here now, never mind solid.

hughie
12th January 2010, 10:15 PM
Very cool stuff. Gotta make some of those
Perhaps Tex, better yet is to be exhibited in the same gallery. :2tsup:

Whilst I like the discipline and technical excellence, I kinda lean with Jock on this one. Horses for courses I guess,

Woodturnerjosh
12th January 2010, 10:20 PM
better yet is to be exhibited in the same gallery. :2tsup:

Now that is something to aspire to!!

Texian
13th January 2010, 05:02 AM
Perhaps Tex, better yet is to be exhibited in the same gallery.

True, but no chance of that. Am lucky just to have stuff in a couple small, local galleries, just so I can say it's there. Might even sell a piece some day.