PDA

View Full Version : Lances Twitter Ride

kiwigeo
16th January 2010, 10:16 AM
Well good old LA has done it again......hes sent out a twitter invitation to join him on a ride here in Adelaide today (Sat 16/1) starting at 0900 at Glenelg.

Estimates of turnout numbers range from 5000 up to 10000 people. Police will have a running road block to try and reduce the chaos. Should be covgerage of the event on tonights TV news.

Me.....I want to stay in one piece so will be doing a 60km ride out to Meadows and back.

Cheers Martin

Foo
21st January 2010, 08:23 PM
You whimp:D

kiwigeo
21st January 2010, 08:29 PM
110km Woodside to Goolwa ride tomorrow with temps set to be in the mid thirties. 8100 riders registered..its going to be mayhem.

Foo
21st January 2010, 08:50 PM
Think of it as a learning experience!:bike2:

kiwigeo
24th January 2010, 05:18 PM
Back from the ride and it was a blast. left Woodside at 6am....an hour earlier than everyone else to beat the mayhem. Easy going through to Mount Barker and then a bit of a clim to Wistow. From Wistow through to Strathallbyn mainly down hill with speeds of up to 75 km/hr. Strath through to Milang went ok apart from a bee sting on my head at Langhorne Creek. Milang through to Goolwa was tough with a shocking head wind most of the way. Alot of the main bunch got hit by the same winds and many people were left exhausted by the side of the road. The home straight down the main street of Goolwa was a gas with a huge crowd cheering everyone over the finish line.

The bike performed well..glad I stuck the new Fizik seat on the day before. Back was a bit sore but I suspect some adjustment is need to seat position and height.

Next year Ill be doing the full 160km stage with training for that starting tomorrow morning.

Cheers Martin

Foo
24th January 2010, 05:39 PM
Good to hear, and well done.:2tsup: