PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon Weaving

RufflyRustic
17th January 2010, 11:26 AM
Now that I have my life back (:yippee:) after the Project at work, I've been getting back into those creative areas I had to put aside for over a year.

This is a 75 cm square of woven ribbons that I am making into a quilt. The ribbons start as a pile of colours, which I eventually sort into the colour progression that I want. They get cut to length, sewn to a strip of thread to anchor them and then woven into this.

I've never made one quite so big but it's been fun getting it right. If the reaction to this one is good, I might make another, just for fun, of course :D

cheers
Wendy

wheelinround
17th January 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Wendy like the colours bright and cheerie thats for sure Sue liked it too.:2tsup::2tsup:

this is one she has just finished wool and acrylic broken twill pattern where yours is call a twill. Seems there is a new forum for this type of thing also Wendy "Aussie Craft Forum" even has a woodwork section linked back to here :U

Enfield Guy
17th January 2010, 07:39 PM
Very pretty!!!!!! Cool.

RufflyRustic
17th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks

I like Sue's loom! Now that would be fun and interesting, just think of alll the fabic types, colours, patterns ... ... .... :U:2tsup:

I also occasionally line a lid or box bottom with some of this, or insert it into my leatherwork too. it's fun mixing it up.
:)

DJ’s Timber
17th January 2010, 09:20 PM
Very speccy :H

artme
24th January 2010, 05:27 AM
Girly stuphph and darkside at that!!!:q:q:q

Looks great!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Thinking of a small task for you!:wink: