PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Experience on outskirts of Melbourne

Wood Borer
30th August 2004, 10:42 AM
I happened to be driving down Plenty Rd Mernda on Saturday night and noticed flames leaping in the air out the back of a large old building. From the distance I could see shadows moving around the fire as if there was some weird ritual being carried out.

Intrigued but not wanting to interfere, I cautiously approached having the advantage of darkness in my favour. These people were celebrating something drinking alcohol and throwing timber onto the bonfire. There was much laughter and lots of jocular conversation going on.

One chap who seemed to know everyone else was dressed up wearing a bow tie and seemed to be conducting this druid like ceremony. Other people arrived and the bow tied head priest took the people into the “temple”, they all came out shaking their heads and muttering words like “wow that’s incredible, we have never seen anything like it before – we will come back again”.

After a little while, another chap arrived and was greeted as if he also held a high status like bow tie chap. References were made to him being a morals inspector or something. Apparently he ensures that people don’t get themselves into trouble or that people don’t upset other people too much. Unlike the bow tie chap though, he had a beard.

They seemed OK so I cautiously approached the group, celebrated with them and inspected the temple and yes it was incredible and yes I will return.

What a great night.

If anyone else wants to experience visiting this incredible temple with old artifacts for sale I suggest you drop into 1670 Plenty Road Mernda and mention “Wood Borer sent me”.

Grunt
30th August 2004, 10:48 AM
Sounds like an evil cult to me.

craigb
30th August 2004, 11:02 AM
Was the wearing of thought protection helmets compulsory?

silentC
30th August 2004, 11:10 AM
throwing timber onto the bonfire
:eek: Heathens !!! :eek:

bitingmidge
30th August 2004, 11:42 AM
Don't tell me the bonfire was sawdust powered and sounded like a jet engine?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

P

vsquizz
30th August 2004, 11:56 AM
Did they pay for the plans for the temple or where they freebies, and did the head Priest have rough old hands or nicely manicured soft pinkies??

Wood Borer
30th August 2004, 12:53 PM
Was the wearing of thought protection helmets compulsory?

Craig,

As it was dark I couldn't clearly see their faces but reference was made to the bow tied chap wearing a foil thought protection hat with a chin strap.

It might have been .... who was that fellow who posted a photo of himself on this BB wearing a foil thouht protection hat? Oz something?

The bearded chap's voice seemed familiar too. Perhaps you met him on your last visit to Melbourne.

Silent - some of the timber being thrown on the fire looked like someone had run it through a homemade drum sander on a bad hair day.

It looked evil alright Grunt, but they made me feel welcome and supplied me and SWMBO with heaps of drinks and food.

craigb
30th August 2004, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a good night. :D

duckman
30th August 2004, 01:41 PM
There was a full moon last Saturday. Such behaviour ought to be expected in certain quarters. :D :D

Wood Borer
30th August 2004, 01:51 PM
Fortunately there weren't any banjos being played but in the temple there probably were banjos secreted away.

ozwinner
30th August 2004, 07:47 PM
Next time you come for a visit, make sure to take off the wizard outfit, fetching as it was, I dont think it is daytime wear. :D

Al, Grand poobar.

Robert WA
30th August 2004, 09:18 PM
Fortunately there weren't any banjos being played but in the temple there probably were banjos secreted away.

Banjo players exist just to make bagpipe players seem acceptable.

ozwinner
31st August 2004, 07:51 PM
I actualy lit the fire because, with just a bow tie on, I was getting cold in the nether regions.

Al :eek:

Grunt
31st August 2004, 08:18 PM
I actualy lit the fire because, with just a bow tie on, I was getting cold in the nether regions.

Damn, I'm glad I wasn't there. No offense Al, but I just don't like my men wearing bow ties.

Wood Borer
1st September 2004, 09:19 AM
I told you it was scary

Zed
1st September 2004, 10:03 AM
back min the 50's and 60's a bunch of americans used to burn wood in parks (in the shape of upside down crosses), drink beer and call each other "ol' boy"... mind you they wore white sheets not bow ties and if you introduced yourself as "wood borer" you'd probably earn yourself a columbian necktie for your trouble....

its goods to see our societies have progressed.....

oges
1st September 2004, 10:26 AM
as Homer Simpson once said "I saw some strange, evil things going on in that place ... and I want in"

Wood Borer
1st September 2004, 10:38 AM
Gents,

These thoughts did cross my mind which is why I was cautious at first.

Fortunately everything turned out OK.