PDA

View Full Version : Baron Pen Parts

WoodWriteOz
20th January 2010, 11:07 AM
I stuffed up assembling a Baron Fountain Pen and ruined the 'Black Centre Band Coupler'...this is the part which slides into the Centre Band at the Cap End and into which, in turn, is screwed the Nib End of the pen. I have salvaged all of the kit but for the plastic black centre band coupler. Does anyone have a spare in their box of parts etc that they can let me have...??....George

BoomerangInfo
20th January 2010, 01:43 PM
I stuffed up assembling a Baron Fountain Pen and ruined the 'Black Centre Band Coupler'...this is the part which slides into the Centre Band at the Cap End and into which, in turn, is screwed the Nib End of the pen. I have salvaged all of the kit but for the plastic black centre band coupler. Does anyone have a spare in their box of parts etc that they can let me have...??....George

Must be the week for Baron stuff-ups. I asked David at timberbits if he had replacements for the barrel connectors I stuffed up and he said yes. I was just going to add them to my next kit order though.

Russell.

Skiprat1
5th February 2010, 11:00 AM
They come with two. So why not make a closed ended pen with just one?

I have heard that a few people have crushed these while pressing them in, but there is a little trick you can try. I screw the plated finial into one coupler and another finial from another kit into the other coupler first, then press them both in together. Then just remember to put the borrowed finial back in the unused kit.
I've made enough closed ended ones so that I have a few spares, but you would have to wait ages for them, sorry.