PDA

View Full Version : Julian - old cray boat

dopeydriver
24th January 2010, 10:00 AM
I think I've posted on this old cray boat in the past , but she is still slowing getting worse , and has been on the market for years at $25,000 , surely she could be purchased for much less.
I know she is well proven as an open water boat , that the last work done on her was by Garry Stewart , re-fastening her , and that Garry reports she needs extensive work on ironwork .
The wheelhouse needs to be replaced , also.
She has a 5 cylinder Gardiner in her.
If you had the ability , and time , she could once again be a very good open water boat.
Regards Rob J.

watson
24th January 2010, 03:23 PM
G'day Rob,
Any chance of a link to where the boat is available from???

dopeydriver
24th January 2010, 04:40 PM
Hmm , is that THE Noel Watson ?.
I've recently changed computers , but I know Julian was on a brokers book for ages.
I tried to get a photo of her today , but the camera was playing up . I'll try again tomorrow , and post the photos .
If you are interested , I could get the owner phone No.
Regards Rob J , an old St.Arnaud boy .

watson
24th January 2010, 04:51 PM
Hmm , is that THE Noel Watson ?.
I've recently changed computers , but I know Julian was on a brokers book for ages.
I tried to get a photo of her today , but the camera was playing up . I'll try again tomorrow , and post the photos .
If you are interested , I could get the owner phone No.
Regards Rob J , an old St.Arnaud boy .

That's just what me Mum called me:U
So JULIAN is the boat's name..I'll alter the thread name.
A Pic would be good.
What's an Old St Arnaud boy doing in Tyrendarra??

dopeydriver
24th January 2010, 06:27 PM
What am I doing in Tyrendarra ?.
Well , I've bought my horses down here , they now have green grass all year , and I'm learning to sail , and fish , something I couldn't do up north.
I'll work on getting a photo of Julian , but I like her , I just don't have the ability to rebuild her myself.
I've heard plenty about her though , she was some boat , handles the open water very well.
Regards Rob J.

dopeydriver
24th January 2010, 07:09 PM
Here are some photos taken of Julian , taken about 20 months ago.
Regards Rob J.

watson
24th January 2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Rob