PDA

View Full Version : Marquetry Pictures

stumpy72
25th January 2010, 11:20 PM
Here is some of my marquetry work. Would be good to see what others have done too! :)

Groggy
25th January 2010, 11:22 PM
:2tsup: Great work! Tell me please, how long does that take you to do?

stumpy72
25th January 2010, 11:30 PM
depending on the amount of detail will determin the amount of time it takes, but the celtic knot would take me 6 to 7 hours then you have the box making on top of that

bookend
26th January 2010, 03:44 AM
Gorgeous work and excellent care in detail with the boxmaking too. I bet the goanna tail was a pain to inlay!

I am struggling with the photo's perspectives though. Are the marquetry panels flush with the lid edges and if they are, how did you join the panel to the edge?

I'd love to see more of your work.

artme
26th January 2010, 05:25 AM
:brava:brava:brava

As good as anything I've seen and better than most Stumpy. Beautiful work indeed.!!!

toolbagsPLUS
26th January 2010, 07:26 AM
Top stuff :2tsup::2tsup: Wish you were closer maybe we could start a movement.

Cheers

Steve

stumpy72
26th January 2010, 12:26 PM
:brava:brava:brava

As good as anything I've seen and better than most Stumpy. Beautiful work indeed.!!!
Hi artme thanks for you kind words

stumpy72
26th January 2010, 12:37 PM
Gorgeous work and excellent care in detail with the boxmaking too. I bet the goanna tail was a pain to inlay!

I am struggling with the photo's perspectives though. Are the marquetry panels flush with the lid edges and if they are, how did you join the panel to the edge?

I'd love to see more of your work.
Hi yes the marquetry panels are flush with the edges though with the goanna box the edges are rounded. the frame of the box lid is solid jarrah though the front piece with the tail going over it is solid jarrah with jarrah veneer on top. thanks for you comments

stumpy72
4th February 2010, 12:05 AM
:u

munruben
5th February 2010, 03:05 PM
Nice work. Looks great:2tsup::2tsup: