PDA

View Full Version : WOODWORKING QUIZ for 31 AUG 04

Ralph Jones
31st August 2004, 09:50 PM
Good Morning Friends,
You have just laid a new carpet through out your house. You removed the interior doors so the carpet installer would not have to fight them while laying the new carpet. Now when you reinstalled the doors you find that they are too long and need to be cut off.
Since they are hollow core with a veneer finish, how are you going to cut them without chipping the veneer?

Respectfully,

Cliff Rogers
31st August 2004, 09:52 PM
Gas axe? :D

bitingmidge
31st August 2004, 09:58 PM
I'd just take them to Ozwinner's shop and trade them for some shorter ones!

Cheers.

P :D

Shane Watson
31st August 2004, 11:06 PM
Hang on..when did my carpets get changed? Cause ironically the stains are all in the same spots!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cliff Rogers
31st August 2004, 11:30 PM
Hang on..when did my carpets get changed? ...

I guess that if you didn't know about it, you didn't remove the doors so,
you don't have a problem... :D NEXT!!!!

fxst
1st September 2004, 12:41 AM
Ill stick with trained termites neat and non chipping

Robert WA
1st September 2004, 01:03 AM
Good Morning Friends,
You have just laid a new carpet through out your house. You removed the interior doors so the carpet installer would not have to fight them while laying the new carpet. Now when you reinstalled the doors you find that they are too long and need to be cut off.
Since they are hollow core with a veneer finish, how are you going to cut them without chipping the veneer?

Respectfully,

As my old Dad used to say - "always score the veneer with a sharp blade before you cut it."

"Ill stick with trained termites neat and non chipping"

The Septics don't have termites like our termites so they don't understand that they can be trained.
Ralph, our termites have fleas on them that are bigger than those puny things you call termites. You guys have dog obedience classes. We have termite obedience classes.

Kris.Parker1
1st September 2004, 05:25 PM
Don't know, my house has tiles.............

Ralph Jones
1st September 2004, 09:39 PM
Good Evening Friends,
Robert WA is the winner as he had the correct answer or at least the one I was looking for. Congratulations!

What kind of termites do you folks have that are so big they have fleas?
Up here we call them beavers. I like the obedience school thing.

Respectfully,

echnidna
1st September 2004, 09:56 PM
Our termites are so big and so smart that some of them even use computers to surf the net. If you search this forum you can even find messages from them!

Wood Borer
2nd September 2004, 09:18 AM
Termites are distant relatives of mine but not as refined as my family.

Cliff Rogers
2nd September 2004, 01:57 PM
...What kind of termites do you folks have that are so big they have fleas?
Up here we call them beavers. .....

Good comeback, got a laugh from me.... :D