PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Home Cast Pine Cone

PenTurner
29th January 2010, 07:42 PM
I cast this pine cone over a year ago, before casting really took off here, it cast with many air holes and pockets, so I recast with some red also, still not perfect, so I let them sit in a box until now,. It turned fairly easily and did need stabilising and back filling towards the finish. The finish is CA. hope you like, Amos:)

Sawdust Maker
29th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Looks good from here :2tsup:

MBUMIK
29th January 2010, 08:54 PM
Looks good from here :2tsup:

well guess what

:2tsup:looks good from here as well:2tsup:

:2tsup:great job amos:2tsup:

MIK

corbs
29th January 2010, 09:14 PM
Wondering why you took so long to make it now... nice pen:2tsup:

ciscokid
29th January 2010, 11:16 PM
That's pretty wild looking. Not a blank you are going to find in a store. :cool:

timberbits
30th January 2010, 08:37 AM
Wow! That's a fantastic job you did there.

Like the others have said, its really is 1 of a kind.

Thanks for sharing.

Timberbits.

Simomatra
30th January 2010, 08:39 AM
xcellent work Amos, well worth the wait and all the work.

Definitely one of a kind :2tsup::2tsup:

dai sensei
30th January 2010, 09:33 AM
Looks good Amos :2tsup:

I assume as you had problems with holes it was not cast under pressure. Multiple colours can look better though, so at the end of the day, what starts as a failure turns into something better :U

gawdelpus
30th January 2010, 10:02 AM
Certainly a very rich looking pen and all seems to tone well together ,well done Amos! cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

gofer
30th January 2010, 10:32 AM
They look incredible Amos, did you make more than one blank? That is the kind of pen that I would have to say would be a keeper for sure.

Bruce

PenTurner
30th January 2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks all for your comments, yes I did make more than one blank, I was experimenting trying not to have so much wastage. Usually you saw off quite a bit if pine cone and use the last 1" x 1", I thought if I cast the whole pine cone then saw it up, what would it look like? The lower portion is your answer. Amos:)

edblysard
30th January 2010, 11:31 AM
That is so wicked looking, I was expecting the standard pine cone look, and wow, when I first saw this I thought I was looking at a burl of some sort.
Pretty cool looking pen there Amos.

lubbing5cherubs
30th January 2010, 04:32 PM
mmmm gorgeous is understated here but it is one beautiful pen.

PenTurner
30th January 2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks Toni, hope all going well with you and the family, Amos:)

artme
31st January 2010, 03:03 PM
Another superb pen Amos, beautifully done!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
1st February 2010, 12:16 PM
What is not to like about it Amos:?

That is fantastic I have bought some of Jeff's from exotic blanks I can't wait to try them but too scared at the same time:doh:

PenTurner
1st February 2010, 09:04 PM
I know what you mean Rum Pig, it is not as if you are going to blow up a red gum blank! when it happens to one of those you FEEL It, I know the feeling!:-, but just sharpen the tools and fine cuts and get a feel of the blank and I reckon you will do fine. Amos:)