PDA

View Full Version : concrete pit patch up job?

Eastie
2nd September 2004, 09:59 AM
I've got to knock a hole in the side of a private concrete drain pit to allow for a new 100mm pvc pipe. After jack hammering the hole and installing the pipe I will need to seal around the pipe, which can't go in at a right angle which will make fitting a pipe collar impossible/useless. What would be a good procduct/mix to patch up the pit wall surrounding the new pipe?

Keeping in mind the hole will be on the pit wall and I don't want the patch up mix to sag out.

Thanks in advance,
Eastie

Zed
2nd September 2004, 10:52 AM
you can get a concrete mix which has fibreglass fibres in it - mix up a slurry and whack that in the hole. obviously the consistancy needs to be firm enough not to fall out.. if bunnies or your supplier doesnt have it go to one of your local concrete truck suppliers and ask them for a handfull...

cheers

echnidna
2nd September 2004, 11:09 AM
A mortar mix will do the job

journeyman Mick
2nd September 2004, 10:45 PM
Mortar mix will work fine, mix it fairly dry and underfill the hole to prevent slumping, once it's set top it to get a neat finish. Use a bit of lime in the mix to make it stick better. If you want a really strong waterproof repair use Ramset's "epoxy patch" (two pack epoxy) mixed with cement powder and plasterer's sand. It's not cheap but it's extremely strong.

Mick