PDA

View Full Version : Herless machines in Melbourne

PeterS
2nd September 2004, 07:55 PM
Hello all, I am in the market for a table saw,ect and was thinking about buying from Herless machines in Melbourne. Being new to woodwork machines I am looking for some advice. Do they sell quality machines, are there prices reasonable. If not where should I look?
Thank you

TK1
2nd September 2004, 09:10 PM
Hi,

I am looking at these too (Herless / Hare& Forbes machines). Many of their machines are the same Chinese or Taiwanese machines sold by CarbaTec, Timbecon and others. Their metalworking machinery seems to be held in high regard form those I know who have bought metal lathes and milling machines, and from what I've seen they seel mainly to industry too.

So, it depends on what tablesaw you are after. Do a search on these forums under the model number, or the type of saw, and you may get opiniopns from people who have bought the same machine, but badged as something else.

But for price and quality of build, I have been leading towards their table/band saws and planers / thicknessers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren

Iain
4th September 2004, 10:39 AM
I just picked up the 10" tablesaw with the sliding table. They quoted $899.00 although the catalogue shows $995.00.
They matched carba tecs price of $895 and it includes an Irwin gen purpose 10" blade.
I have been waiting for a call from carba tec since June but have given up in despair.
On my way out now to finish assembling the beast.
They are located on the Princes Hwy in the service lane just to the west of Blackburn Rd, next to the MOnash Hotel (north side).

fran
4th September 2004, 06:54 PM
before buying any large items you really should have a comparative look at

Totaltools in Preston
Carbatec in Richmond
Herless in Clayton
Jet in Moorabbin

you can then accurately compare the product and the price.

Frank