PDA

View Full Version : Top 500 Bogan Rock Countdown

Sir Stinkalot
2nd February 2010, 07:20 PM
After having a week longer holiday than everybody else in the office I had the misfortune of returning to find the communal radio tuned onto Triple M :no: ..... I think that they are just testing me to see how long I can last until I break ...... I will tell you what, if I hear Eddie sprooking his bloody breakfast show again it will not be long.

Anyway over the past week that have been trying to out do Triple J's hottest 100 with the top 500 rock songs :doh:

Well it finished up yesterday with the top five, yes top five tracks all being AC/DC :o ooh and in case you are wondering Cold Chisels khe sanh got number six.

I think that the results speak volumes for their target audience .... get me my thongs and a flannel and I will put some VB stickers on the back window of me ute.

tea lady
2nd February 2010, 09:46 PM
http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/actions/doh.gif Its only cos AC/DC is doing a tour. :rolleyes: A freind of mine has tickets that she got for her 60th birthday.:D She doesn't LOOK like a bogan. :think: :D

Waldo
2nd February 2010, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately my SWMBO has Triple M set for the alarm (only as she can't get anything else) and having Mr Everywhere bursting in my eardrums is reason for me to say, "Turn it off!". Thankfully she does most times, when she doesn't I roll onto the side that I can't hear much out of (works great for when the kids were babies and would cry at night :U )

Nova get's my vote now - no Eddie and no crap. When I worked as a screenprinter we had MMM in the factory and you'd know when it was 4:30 because they always played the same song each day - not much has changed.

And as a bonus Nova play a good mix of Pink Floyd :cool: And that's not bogan - unlike MMM.

When the next ratings come out, I bet it won't be too much longer that Eddie is sitting in his chair at MMM :no: Previous jocks on the morning show were crap, and Eddie is much worse - only problem is it seems the majority of the population down here worship everything he does.

:minigun: him :2tsup:

ACDC is okay. Depends on my mood. Most times I'm in one mood only :elefant: :wink:

AUSSIE
2nd February 2010, 10:14 PM
After having a week longer holiday than everybody else in the office I had the misfortune of returning to find the communal radio tuned onto Triple M :no: ..... I think that they are just testing me to see how long I can last until I break ...... I will tell you what, if I hear Eddie sprooking his bloody breakfast show again it will not be long.

Anyway over the past week that have been trying to out do Triple J's hottest 100 with the top 500 rock songs :doh:

Well it finished up yesterday with the top five, yes top five tracks all being AC/DC :o ooh and in case you are wondering Cold Chisels khe sanh got number six.

I think that the results speak volumes for their target audience .... get me my thongs and a flannel and I will put some VB stickers on the back window of me ute.
Sorry Stinky
I don't own Thongs or a Flannel shirt,Oh and I don't drink Beer or Drive A ute Or listen to Eddy either I don't even work in an office or a Building site or live at Lara
I love AC DC and Jimmy Barns (along with many others)
Where do I fit in?

Sir Stinkalot
3rd February 2010, 04:55 PM
Aussie ..... You don't think something is fishy when they have been plugging the AC/DC tour to death and all of a sudden they take out the top five spots and from memory six of the top ten. I question wether the Beatles would have even done so well in their prime.

Waldo
3rd February 2010, 04:58 PM
:yes:

wheelinround
3rd February 2010, 05:12 PM

Come into the new age Sir Stinker and get ye a Blue Tooth device which you can store to your hearts content music to sooth the savage beast by or tune into a radio station off the net from your PC again a Blue Tooth to your ear and you'll have them thinking your troppo playing air guitar.

( I have not read any responses above):U

Andy Mac
3rd February 2010, 08:20 PM
Gotta laugh at that, there seems to be some radio stations that only employ DJ's who had the best years of their lonely lives in the mid 80's.:p Can't move on, the Phil Collins/Meatloaf/ELO sound track on high rotation.:doh: Boasting about playing the music other stations don't, from the 70's AND the 80's!!! Very occasionally they will leap onto Nickelback, something safe that sounds like it could have come from the good old days. How do I know??? Because I flick through many presets until I find some music, not twaddle, then opt for the OFF button... or ABC classics...oh NOO!!. I'm getting old too!!!:-

Cheers,