PDA

View Full Version : pirelli webbing for ercol

jimbur
3rd February 2010, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know of a source in Australia for the pirelli webbing used by Ercol and I think Parker Knoll? Or a similar quality substitute?
Cheers,
Jim

Pete L
5th February 2010, 09:23 PM
Hi Jim

A Google search for Pirelli Webbing gives heaps of results. Try this one in Aus first:

http://www.padghamupholstery.com.au

Cheers
Peter

jimbur
6th February 2010, 08:41 AM
Hi Jim

A Google search for Pirelli Webbing gives heaps of results. Try this one in Aus first:

http://www.padghamupholstery.com.au

Cheers
Peter

thanks Peter,
I should have added "at a reasonable price". The link above sells at $14/mtr while I found another one at $11/mtr. Overseas it's less than half that but the companies I tried on ebay won't post to Australia.
I'm going to have a go with elastic webbing at less than $2/mtr. I could use double thickness at that price and still come out ahead.
We'll see anyway.
Thanks again,
JIm

Saskatoon
23rd February 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi,
found 'pandoras-upholstery', a British eBay store, has 2" Pirelli webbing they claim is genuine for A$ 6.00 metre. (99.9% positive feedback on eBay, over 40,000 transactions),
but I haven't dealt with them so don't consider this a recommendation!

jimbur
24th February 2010, 09:04 AM
They won't post to Australia I'm afraid.
Thanks,
Jim

Saskatoon
24th February 2010, 09:57 AM
The Ebay listing says they will post internationally, and to contact them for details. Perhaps send them an eBay message anyway.
quote: "Will ship to Worldwide. Contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services."
Good luck!

jimbur
24th February 2010, 12:31 PM
The Ebay listing says they will post internationally, and to contact them for details. Perhaps send them an eBay message anyway.
quote: "Will ship to Worldwide. Contact the seller for additional shipping costs and services."
Good luck!

I did and they wouldn't.
Cheers,
Jim

Saskatoon
24th February 2010, 05:30 PM
OK!

Advertise a service but not provide it? Misleading.
Cheers,
Terry

jimbur
24th February 2010, 06:21 PM
:2tsup: