PDA

View Full Version : Queensland and outback timbers

Tony Morton
5th February 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi

I,m looking for Qld and out back timber suitable for turning in particular old gidgee fence posts conkerberry pink gidgee any one able to help I will be attending Turnfest and could meet there to arrange transfer please Pm with info if you can help.

Cheers Tony

mick61
6th February 2010, 07:59 PM
G`day Tony go to Timber section self explanetary.
Mick:D

John Doyle
11th February 2010, 03:03 PM
Hi Tony,
I can help you with Qld Outback Timbers but i will be away until 20th March. I will contact you on my return.I have an account with TNT Transport so delivery is no problem.
Talk to you then,
Regards.
John Doyle

Tony Morton
12th February 2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks John, hope to get as far as Cairns after Turnfest Sister inlaw there so I may be able to arrange meeting.

Cheers Tony

John Doyle
12th February 2010, 06:05 PM
Mate i live in Bowen so its on the way to Cairns

Tony Morton
12th February 2010, 09:29 PM
Got you John already looked up your location.

Cheers Tony

dai sensei
13th February 2010, 11:22 AM
I am an avid collector or desert hardwoods and have quite an extensive collection for my retirement. I will be at Turnfest, so search me out and we can have a chat. I just keep my ear to the timber and market place sub-forums, attend WWW and Melany shows, and sometimes I just get lucky and pick up some bargains. I also found a pretty good supplier of some of the species up on the Sunshine Coast, see here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f14/western-qld-timber-supplier-96529/) for discussion.

I am also planning a camping/collecting trip sometime in winter this year with some other forumites. You know the type, take a big trailer and some gear so I can cut & mill timber in the morning, relax in the middle of the day, perhaps fishing in the arvo, then sitting by the fire at night chewing the fat. Say a week to get there, it's 1500kms away from here, don't want a rushed trip. Travel inland then stay another week, then take a week to get back via the coast may be doing some diving. Have another week up my sleeve in case something interesting takes my fancy :U

Cheers