PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Woodshow

Babytoolman
5th September 2004, 10:18 PM
I went to the woodshow in Canberra yesterday. I was a little dissapointed with the amount of demonstations. There were only a few majors there and they didn't have allot of turning stuff.
I did get a couple of P&N gouges from Trend at a great price. I actually bought a few blank as well.

Did anyone else go?

Roger

BobR
6th September 2004, 12:55 AM
I drove down early Saturday morning, stayed over night and returned to Sydney Saturday evening. Not as big as the Sydney show, but still managed to damage the credit card. Major purchase was a BAS-350 bandsaw from Timbecon and the Eurojig from Carba-Tec. Also got some other bits and pieces from each as well as from other vendors. Wish Timbecon would come open in Sydney. Found them much more enthusiastic/knowledgeable than Carba-Tec people. Guess that I will have to wait until next year's Sydney show before spend up again. No funds left anyway.

Bob

PAH1
6th September 2004, 09:18 AM
I went on friday and saturday, first day with wife and two year old twin boys- a great day.

Went to the seminars/demo's, what there was of them on Sat. Was a bit disapointed with the CarbatecVs Timbecon lineup. Obviously someone decided that they were not going for that one.

I did not get what I wanted but got some blanks, some box making timber and some other bits and pieces.

Seeing Eugene's boxes first hand was a real eye opener. Amazing, but underpriced for the work and workmanship.

Zsteve
6th September 2004, 02:25 PM
I was there Friday and Saturday (and sunday) assisting a couple of the sellers and with the Woodcraft Guild. Hope you all bought some raffle tickets from the Canberra Woodcraft Guild (I did). Also got some good bargains from Timbecon on Sunday afternoon.

Stephen

Baz
6th September 2004, 08:51 PM
Went Friday morning, got a 12mm spindle gouge unhandled and a diamond parting tool also unhandled. I mainly went to get a piece of timber for a hall table, ended up getting a slab of Bonewood, fairly rare hardwood grows in NSW. The show appeared to be the same as previous, the guild exhibit was pretty good and I thought the timber selection was great.
Cheers
Barry