and got one at Bunnings for $5.87

I got a staple lifter for $6.20 well I was there:2tsup:
if I got it from thhe place tafe gos to its $35.50 with out gst

pays to shop around:2tsup:

well I will post my work soon

thanks nz_carver

mjmjm
21st February 2010, 12:05 PM
No trouble to TAFE, they don't have to pay for em.

wheelinround
21st February 2010, 02:11 PM
McJings is the place to shop :2tsup::U

China
21st February 2010, 09:33 PM
But will you still have in twenty years

johngi
21st February 2010, 09:43 PM

At that price you could afford 15 in 20 years!

Johngi

nz_carver
21st February 2010, 11:33 PM

hey I dont know if you have ever been a student or a apprentice
but you dont allways have the cash to splah out on tool at 1st:roll:

China
22nd February 2010, 10:50 PM
I surely was an apprentice, in my day you bought good quality, and the boss normaly lent a hand and you paid him off slowly. If I had gone out and bought a low quality item I would have been told to throw it out and get a propper item. It would then have been explained that if I wish to produce top quality work I would need top quality tools. I thank him for that I still have most of my top quality tools excluding the ones that low lifes have stolen over the years. Tools that you use year in yer out become part of you, if you pic up a hammer that is not your own you can instantly tell even without looking. I guess sadly this is something that younger people my never experience due to uor ever increasing throw away society.

Christos
22nd February 2010, 11:06 PM
Now that is a bit harsh on the throw away society. If it was not for the throw away item my wood pile would be a little bare. :o

tea lady
22nd February 2010, 11:17 PM
I surely was an apprentice, in my day you bought good quality, and the boss normaly lent a hand and you paid him off slowly. If I had gone out and bought a low quality item I would have been told to throw it out and get a propper item. It would then have been explained that if I wish to produce top quality work I would need top quality tools. I thank him for that I still have most of my top quality tools excluding the ones that low lifes have stolen over the years. Tools that you use year in yer out become part of you, if you pic up a hammer that is not your own you can instantly tell even without looking. I guess sadly this is something that younger people my never experience due to uor ever increasing throw away society.Well I don't know about that. I reckon get something to do what you want for now, and if you are still doing it in a year or twos time get a good one that will last you. A Bob each way.:cool: