PDA

View Full Version : NSW:Swap Mango - Large sections - looking to swap. ( in Sydney)

TimberNut
21st February 2010, 11:57 AM
Guys, I just cut down our 30+ year old mango tree yesterday, and have kept the trunk in one section for someone who wants it (so you can cut up in whatever dimensions you prefer). I also have 2 x large crotch pieces (great for turners).

the trunk around 300mm diam (350mm diameter at the widest) and 950 long (and bloody heavy). :D

The crotch pieces would make some nice large bowls.
Crotch piece 1

Crotch piece 2

Note all is green (only cut down yesterday) so ideal for someone with the room to cut up and store them whilst drying (and for the turners, to turn green then microwave etc).

I'm looking to swap for smaller lengths of more highly figured timber (suitable for box making and the like).

If anyone has some decent off cuts of some nice stuff they'd be willing to swap for these larger items PM me. I'm near Bankstown.

I don't mind if they all go to one person, or someone wants just one of the 3. All depends what you're willing to swap for them, I guess.:rolleyes:

Will have to be sorted pretty quick as the ends havent been sealed (I'll leave that to the recipient once they've broken them down to sizing that suits them).

TN

wheelinround
21st February 2010, 02:22 PM
:o:C all those small branches gone ideal for small lathes & pen turners :roll:

TN I may have some old growth Jarrah step treads if your interested, I'd take the bottom two photo's or even one of them.

Ray

TimberNut
23rd February 2010, 08:46 AM
Ray, what are the dimensions of the Jarrah you have offered (and how many pieces are you willing to part with for both those crotch pieces?)

TN

wheelinround
23rd February 2010, 09:03 AM
TN here's a pic or 2 they are old groth well figured step treads they are approx 650Lx250/300wx40. I'd say one for one but we could haggle I guess.

TimberNut
23rd February 2010, 12:22 PM
The 2 x crotch pieces are spoken for now.

The trunk section is still available if anyone is interested.

TN

hughie
25th February 2010, 11:48 PM
count me in on the trunks. I've got some veneer that might be handy for box making

wheelinround
27th February 2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks TN great to meet such a Timbernut :U greatlly apprieciate you also cutting the logs up for me :2tsup:

And yes still drooling :tongue5:you know why :C

Ray

TimberNut
1st March 2010, 09:04 AM
Hughie, thanks for the offer, but timber is all gone.

Ray, good to meet you too. Don't forget - you are more than welcome to come back and drool some more any time. And if we can put that baby (and it's soon-to-arrive green coloured partner) through it's paces whilst drooling - so much the better! It's an open offer - whenever you need it, just PM me. (as if i need a reason to go play in the shed... (but a good reason is always helpful :D))

TN

wheelinround
1st March 2010, 09:11 AM
Hughie, thanks for the offer, but timber is all gone.

Ray, good to meet you too. Don't forget - you are more than welcome to come back and drool some more any time. And if we can put that baby (and it's soon-to-arrive green coloured partner) through it's paces whilst drooling - so much the better! It's an open offer - whenever you need it, just PM me. (as if i need a reason to go play in the shed... (but a good reason is always helpful :D))

TN

Your a wicked man TN I'll keep that in mind, Tempting with such power tools. Would be good to see you andyour family again.

I bet I get a visit from Hughie very soon LOL he lives close TN.

hughie
2nd March 2010, 09:42 PM
[

I bet I get a visit from Hughie very soon LOL he lives close TN.

Took the words right off my keyboard :U

got something you might be interested in as well.

No worries TN I came late to the party anyway. :2tsup:

wheelinround
3rd March 2010, 05:50 AM
[

Took the words right off my keyboard :U

got something you might be interested in as well.

No worries TN I came late to the party anyway. :2tsup:

:U Mini version of the sanding tool

hughie
7th March 2010, 05:41 PM
Mini version of the sanding tool
:U

Nah something different

wheelinround
7th March 2010, 05:44 PM
Nah something different

Well I hope you notice a difference when you do come round:U

Oh TN I am sort of kicking myself for not taking that large log when offered

Pat
7th March 2010, 08:00 PM
Hughie, when are you going to be at Ray's? As I am calling in after 1600 on Wednesday and would like to meet you.

wheelinround
7th March 2010, 08:36 PM
Hughie, when are you going to be at Ray's? As I am calling in after 1600 on Wednesday and would like to meet you.

Shame Fletty won't be around we could have a mini woodie meeting :U anyone else maybe.

hughie
7th March 2010, 08:59 PM

I could probably manage a similar time ie after 1600 or 4.00pm Wednesday. Just gotta re-arrange my times at work for that day

wheelinround
7th March 2010, 09:03 PM
means another trip down to MiL's :doh: you'll see why when you get here.

Oh boss asks scone jam and cream or cake with the coffee ???:U

hughie
8th March 2010, 08:57 PM
Oh boss asks scone jam and cream or cake with the coffee ???

Oh I am flexible, take it as it comes, be good to meet Pat in the flesh. Will bring a few talking points along.

wheelinround
8th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Oh I am flexible, take it as it comes, be good to meet Pat in the flesh. Will bring a few talking points along.

:U Sounds good :2tsup: