PDA

View Full Version : The all new, whizz-bang FLF MKIII

TTIT
23rd February 2010, 02:11 PM
OK, so the MKII turned out to be a bit of a flop but I've got it sorted now :2tsup:The MKII was too hard to make and the paper clips ended up stretching really easy (surprise, surprise!) and the handle coming off the side was a pain :C
The MKIII fixes all those problems and works a treat. Really easy to make, nothing to wear out or weaken and no sharp bits to get caught anywhere and it automatically tightens the paper as you load it. Couldn't be happier with it :2tsup:
pic 1. Components.
pic 2. Assembled + alternate shape
pic 3. Smallest hole this one will fit through but could easily make a smaller unit.
pic 4. Cool :U (Won't go into details of how I sanded these forms in the past :B )

Ed Reiss
23rd February 2010, 02:21 PM
well, there you go TT ...should be a happy camper now:U

WOODbTURNER
23rd February 2010, 02:33 PM
Vern,

Looks familiar to Enzo's. Your's would be more handy with the swivel connector. Great stuff!

TTIT
23rd February 2010, 07:47 PM
Vern,

Looks familiar to Enzo's. Your's would be more handy with the swivel connector. Great stuff!Thanks WbT and Ed. Enzo's rig, like most, is set up for Velcro papers and I didn't want to be limited to that stuff - costly and doesn't perform as well as the paper I use. I haven't seen Enzo's in action but I suspect it wouldn't take much to rip the paper off with it travelling sideways like that. :shrug:

rsser
24th February 2010, 06:17 AM
Neat.

Yep, best to keep fingers for other things.

hughie
24th February 2010, 10:04 PM
lookin good Vern. :2tsup: