PDA

View Full Version : some more Camphor

bowl-basher
8th March 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi all after my stint at spindle turning I just had to get back to a bowl:D....
SWMBO wanted a bowl with a lid but it had to have a KNOB not one of those silly pointy sitck bits stuck on top :no:(her words)
so this is the offering
Camphor Laurel sanded to 600 Hut wax EEE and soft bees wax buffed
the "knob" was a small bit of purple gidgee that I had in the scrap box
Love your comments
Bowl Basher

hughie
8th March 2010, 08:50 PM
Good looking bowl/box colour and fiddle back are very good.

I see the the darn lid has already started to move. Something I noticed with CL When ever I turn it thin it tend to move out of shape some.

Ed Reiss
9th March 2010, 01:51 AM
Nice, BB ....SWMBO must love it!! :2tsup:

Texian
9th March 2010, 02:25 AM
Love the bowl. Lid and knob not so much. Might want to consider a fully rounded lid to mirror the bowl shape. Perhaps omit the little flange thingy on top of the knob. Just opinions, not to be taken too seriously. Beautiful woods.

Ad de Crom
9th March 2010, 03:04 AM
Graham, top class work.
Me either don't like pointy finials, so I can live with the knob for this lidded bowl.
btw, beautiful wood.
Ad :2tsup:

wheelinround
9th March 2010, 07:56 AM
Nice Graham CL smell must be every where at your place. Nice colour............Does that mean LOYL didn't like the finials on my stuff :U

Or its your excuse saying she wanted one with a knob when she really wanted one with a finial :;

artme
9th March 2010, 09:50 AM
I have no comment to make other than :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:!!!

bowl-basher
9th March 2010, 10:00 AM
Nice Graham CL smell must be every where at your place. Nice colour............Does that mean LOYL didn't like the finials on my stuff :U

Or its your excuse saying she wanted one with a knob when she really wanted one with a finial :;

You could think that:D:D
but she wants it to put sweets and such like for the Grand Kids and in her considered opinion if I made it with "" one of thse pointy stick things on top""" the little fingers would snap it off rather quickly.. this is not the problem, according to SWMBO the TANTY that I would throw she coundnt bear the thought off
Hmm. she may have a POINT there

wheelinround
9th March 2010, 10:09 AM
You could think that:D:D
but she wants it to put sweets and such like for the Grand Kids and in her considered opinion if I made it with "" one of thse pointy stick things on top""" the little fingers would snap it off rather quickly.. this is not the problem, according to SWMBO the TANTY that I would throw she coundnt bear the thought off
Hmm. she may have a POINT there

:rotfl: I could see it happening Graham going :mad3: poor grandies :oo: