texx
9th March 2010, 10:32 PM
YouTube - South Africa, Tree Removal, South Africa style

Wongdai
9th March 2010, 10:48 PM
That made me rofl.

The Bleeder
10th March 2010, 07:58 AM
You could see what was going to happen but the suspense waiting for it was worth it...:roflmao2:

artme
10th March 2010, 08:35 AM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

bobsreturn2003
10th March 2010, 08:59 AM
GOOD THING THE TRUCK WAS THERE WOULD HAVE SMASHED THE FENCE:q:doh:

bluegum30
10th March 2010, 09:28 AM
if this was for real i hope his insurance wasn't current .just goes to show ,don't have to be a teenager to be stupid .:no:

Sigidi
10th March 2010, 09:34 AM
Seriously, surely this is a prank? none of them would have thought anything else was going to happen???

Bob38S
10th March 2010, 10:49 AM
Loved it :D

Do it again :2tsup:

Waldo
10th March 2010, 11:04 AM
Some people are real idiots. No sympathy, not even a laugh. :no:

Bob38S
10th March 2010, 11:15 AM
.......... not even a laugh. :no:

Imagine how much skill it took to drop it exactly onto the car :no:

I laughed :D he/they certainly did not deserve any sympathy - blind Freddy could have predicted what was going to happen and, surprise, it did.

Fuzzie
10th March 2010, 11:44 AM
Do they still do van der Merwe jokes?

corbs
10th March 2010, 08:10 PM
what a great idea... tree down and ute loaded ready for removal of the waste. Really quite efficient really:2tsup:

Travis Edwards
10th March 2010, 08:21 PM
first name Frank last name spencer, wifes name betty.....lol

Claw Hama
10th March 2010, 09:26 PM
Had to be a setup, no ones that stupid!! are they?

Luddite
10th March 2010, 09:39 PM
I think he was being advised by SA's Rugby Union coach, Peter de Villiers...............he is a genuis too.:2tsup:

itsposs
11th March 2010, 12:30 AM
Make abet I worked with alot of south africans in WA .the company I worked for brought them over as 457 s then they d do some thing silly like that and they d send em back

rod1949
11th March 2010, 11:10 AM
Its Texx, not some SA's:D

West OZ Mark
13th March 2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks for that Texx. That cracked me up:D.

People amaze me. A couple of weeks ago I rode past my neighbour in time to see him up a gum tree standing on a ladder with a chainsaw while his teenage son was in a 4X4 with a rope tied to a branch with anough tension to bow the tree:oo:. I turnded around to my wife and said "Don't stop, just keep going"

weisyboy
14th March 2010, 08:13 PM
what did they think would happen.

i love it how he walks around to "see if his ute is ok"

Enfield Guy
14th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Bit of a shame he wasn't trapped in the ute. Would have made it easier to get rid of all the garbage at once. That person is truly an oxygen thief. Funny though!!!!

weisyboy
14th March 2010, 10:34 PM
the tree landed on his head tht the only thing that stoped teh cab from being crushed:D

tlbsg
16th March 2010, 10:20 PM
i like the start of video when he was sitting in back of ute winding the winch :o

Ozkaban
17th March 2010, 11:03 AM
awesome. Where'd they think the ute would go? It's nose was hard against the fence...

Cheers,
Dave

Andrew_B
19th March 2010, 07:03 PM
:no: morons

and why would anyone in their right mind sit next to a chain winch with their junk exposed whilst cranking it :no:

sahawi
30th March 2010, 05:37 AM
I think he was being advised by SA's Rugby Union coach, Peter de Villiers...............he is a genuis too.:2tsup:

Very funny:~:U
But they deserved it. That was really stupid.
But we are not all like that.....:B

Sigidi
30th March 2010, 08:48 PM
Sahawi - don't tell me it was you mate?

What part of SA are you? do you have milling gear? put a thread up about yaself.

Oh and we'll try not to make too many comments about Rugby hey?:D

sahawi
30th March 2010, 10:24 PM
No. I do not know that those people. They spoke afrikaans in the video, and it the guy in the front of the video raised his concern about the tree hitting the cab. But the guy with the winch do not want to listen. So he was WARNED. I think he was so busy with that tree, he really do not think about what WILL happen. But still, he was not the brightest guy around. I will surely not hire him for a job like that. And that tree is useless for timber.

I live in the free state province in Virginia. It is a small town. But here is big gold ore reserve. I am working at a mine about 1500 meters underground. I am a supervisor. Production and safety is the main part of my job.

And about Peter....well I think also he is not brightest coach around here. But he still he get his results.

I am very new to woodworking. My father died a few years ago and all his wood working gear belong to me know. It was not much...but when I stated with woodwork, I was hook. I can't explain it. I never looked at wood like I do now. Maybe it is the smell or the grain of a fine piece of wood. I do not know.
Here are no milling companies around.Just one farmer I know who milling Saligna (Bluegum tree from Australia). They are classifies as category one invaders in South Africa. I worked a lot with this wood. It is heavy, hard and very dense. But when it is tamed and worked off , it is very beautiful. It is unstable until it dried out completely.

Well, there you have some info of me.

Johan

weisyboy
31st March 2010, 09:39 PM
i didnt know bluegum was in south africa.

how big do they get over there.

Sigidi
31st March 2010, 11:08 PM
Good on ya Johan, thanks for filling us in.

One day I figure I'm gonna do a world tour with my mill :D go and visit all these people and places I have been fortunate enough to meet all because of sawmilling, Ive got Wales, Fiji, couple spots in the US, Ghana - West Africa and now South Africa, just need somewhere Asian, maybe South American and someplace in Europe... what a trip that would be hey???

sahawi
1st April 2010, 04:45 AM
i didnt know bluegum was in south africa.

how big do they get over there.
Hi weiseboy

Quite large. There are a lot here in our town and surrounding country side. I think they get 30 meters +. Conditions here are like that of Australia. Very warm summers, and very cold winters with frost. But it also rains a lot here this year. I think we are fortunate to have such a good year.

And about timber....
We have a lot of timber growing in South Africa that is very useful
I can think about a few
Stinkwood: Local. Very rare but beautiful. Dark. It has a distinct smell about it when working with it. Hence the name stinkwood. Stink smells bad in Afrikaans.:oo:

Yellow wood: Local. Yellowish colour. Soft. And is a dream to work with

Blackwood: I think this also come from Australia. Acacia menolyx

Tambotie: Local. Dark brown. It have a very beautiful grain. But it's milk sap is very poisoned. you don’t want to braai "baberque" with this wood.:no::o
Kiaat: Local. Very beautiful .Dark in colour. Nice grain.
That is just a few I can think about now. Some of them are very expensive.
By the way. I understand that they are no longer aloud to chop down imbuia. It is also a very beautiful wood. I think it’s coming from Brazil.

milwise
11th June 2010, 05:42 AM
I am curious why InterTD6 hasn't given any critique on this tree felling or am I just stirring the pot??? :U

benupton
11th June 2010, 10:39 PM
Should have known when it broke the first time.:U:U

Travis Edwards
11th June 2010, 10:43 PM
I am curious why InterTD6 hasn't given any critique on this tree felling or am I just stirring the pot??? :U

Yes the scarf wasn't deep enough and the ute was parked too close...:rotfl:

Travis Edwards
11th June 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi weiseboy

Quite large. There are a lot here in our town and surrounding country side. I think they get 30 meters +. Conditions here are like that of Australia. Very warm summers, and very cold winters with frost. But it also rains a lot here this year. I think we are fortunate to have such a good year.

And about timber....
We have a lot of timber growing in South Africa that is very useful
I can think about a few
Stinkwood: Local. Very rare but beautiful. Dark. It has a distinct smell about it when working with it. Hence the name stinkwood. Stink smells bad in Afrikaans.:oo:

Yellow wood: Local. Yellowish colour. Soft. And is a dream to work with

Blackwood: I think this also come from Australia. Acacia menolyx

Tambotie: Local. Dark brown. It have a very beautiful grain. But it's milk sap is very poisoned. you don’t want to braai "baberque" with this wood.:no::o
Kiaat: Local. Very beautiful .Dark in colour. Nice grain.
That is just a few I can think about now. Some of them are very expensive.
By the way. I understand that they are no longer aloud to chop down imbuia. It is also a very beautiful wood. I think it’s coming from Brazil.

Sounds like we are getting some of our own back for all of the weeds that got imported here from south africa...lol:2tsup:

InterTD6
11th June 2010, 11:00 PM
I dont really want to comment on clowns in a video from another country, when we have perfectly good clowns in videos right here in our own country to comment on.
The 3rd umpire might disagree though
regards inter