PDA

View Full Version : Timber Bluebird on ebay

SimonP
11th March 2010, 08:05 PM
Blue bird 22 fixed keel classic yacht laid beach deck!! - eBay Sail, Boats, Boats, Watercraft, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Mar-10 18:03:40 AEDST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Blue-bird-22-fixed-keel-classic-yacht-laid-beach-deck_W0QQitemZ150421441672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Boats?hash=item2305d10c88)

Landlubber
12th March 2010, 07:57 AM
Well, I hope someone that is an enthusiastic restores carefully contemplates the amount of work required,has a thorough inspection and then buys it.

There ya go Simon, hows that.

SimonP
12th March 2010, 12:34 PM
Great to see the little pills are working, Lubber.
Go on, now tell us what you really think!
Cheers S

PAR
12th March 2010, 02:13 PM
See, it was the red ones . . .

Landlubber
12th March 2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks PAR, I am stable again........for now.....I say I am stable again..again........is that right, sure it was the red ones mate.

Better go back to the marina and do a bit of work, too much free time with all the rain here.

Kind regards to all.

SimonP
12th March 2010, 05:49 PM
"I'm just a grumpy old man....... (but I do luv de ol boat or too)"

Lubber, those "boats" you love so much wouldn't happen to be schooners would they?

Landlubber
13th March 2010, 08:46 AM
No Simon, But that would be my choice for a new boat, double headed schooner on a 60 foot ULDB hull. Masts only 45 feet high.

This would give you the costs savings of small boat rigs with enough power to drive to exceed hull speed....what more could a fella want in life.

PAR
14th March 2010, 02:56 PM
John, you need to beg a ride in a rough slosh on a ULDB. Once you've been to sea on one, you'd quickly reconsider your 60' schooner ideas. Yes they can be fast, but that is their only redeeming value. The hull volume is very slight, so you don't have room for anything. They're about as uncomfortable a ride as you can ask for and you can't get close to anything with their appendages. Lastly, they tend to be rather fragile things.

SimonP
14th March 2010, 03:21 PM
I learnt early in life that schooners of both varieties can make one very sick.

Landlubber
14th March 2010, 06:27 PM
This is my idea of a "fast " play boat, my preferred ocean liveaboard cruiser is the old Halvorsen Freye style double ender....different horses for different courses.

I have the lines drawing of it already having previously owned one, but somehow I do not expect enough money any more for a new toy just yet.