PDA

View Full Version : We are in exalted company on this forum ...

colhu
12th March 2010, 10:26 PM
Hi all

I've been taking part in this Forum for a while, and you get to know some of the names - , Tea Lady, Ken, etc - but people generally don't blow their own trumpets (well not much), so you've got to read between the lines a bit to deduce something about your fellow forumites.

Then I open this month's Australian Woodworker to page 18 and find an article about the 2009 Australian Woodturning Exhibition by Vic Wood, and whose name is under FOUR pictures of fabulous turned pieces ... Ken Wraight ! Cinderella's Carriage is a glorious piece of wood working, but I like the Stingrays the best.

And when I finally get to page 64 there's a very well written article by Brendan Stemp about red gum log milling in western Victoria.

Great work by both of you - congratulations.

I'm sure there are other high-achievers lurking behind their forum names as well - I just haven't sussed them out yet.

cheers, Colin

Cliff Rogers
12th March 2010, 10:53 PM
Now have a look at the Wood Review. :wink:

Cliff Rogers
12th March 2010, 11:00 PM
The tubular scroll boxes are from our own AlexS. :2tsup:

tea lady
12th March 2010, 11:44 PM
There are a few round about. Ken's work is pretty amazing in the flesh too. I got to even handle them at a recent forum "turn on".:cool:

:think: How do I get on that list in between those two?

dai sensei
13th March 2010, 12:05 AM
Come to Turn-Fest and you also get to met a few more too :U

Congrats to all for the articles :2tsup:

funkychicken
13th March 2010, 12:28 AM
Now have a look at the Wood Review. :wink:

Because it's better magazine? :wink:

*cough*I'll be in the next issue*cough*

springwater
13th March 2010, 12:46 AM
Because it's better magazine? :wink:

*cough*I'll be in the next issue*cough*

Centre spread?

artme
13th March 2010, 08:32 AM
Centre spread?

:roflmao:

rsser
13th March 2010, 02:15 PM
Congrats to AlexS!

A very interesting article.

FC, the bar's set pretty high and obviously Linda thought you cleared it. Well done.

wheelinround
13th March 2010, 06:20 PM
FC if thats right I'll be buying my first ever issue :roll:

rsser
13th March 2010, 07:00 PM
Colin's right of course, we have first class turners like Ken and and Brendan generously sharing the benefit of their experience and giving us tips and tutorials of great value. :clap3:

Mulgabill
13th March 2010, 07:23 PM
Yes! exactly as rsser an others have said. Over the years I have found that it is largely in the nature of talented craftspeople to share their skills and knowledge with those who show interest. And it behoves us all to pass on to those of lesser skills than ourselves our knowledge therefore promoting the craft enjoyed by us all.
This Forum is only one vehicle for the exchange of knowledge along with your local woodworking club, newsletters and magazine articles.
Keep up the good work guys and girls.:2tsup:

Ross
13th March 2010, 09:11 PM
Centre spread?

Page 3

Claw Hama
13th March 2010, 09:34 PM
Funky, you be very careful of those staples!! And yes, well done to all those making headlines, I will have to head to the paper shop.:brava:clap::clap2:

wheelinround
14th March 2010, 09:18 AM
A centre spread 4 pages long thy'll need the put the price up :doh: for additional paper then again they could reduce the amount of advertizing.

issatree
23rd March 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi All,
Hey Chaps, don't forget the Lady Turners. There is Lois, Dianna, Christa, Joyce, Sandy, Kay, Judy, & of course Tea Lady. These are some of the Lady Turners I know of & I may have missed a couple.Their Point scores are in front of the Male Turners, on certain Items.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

wheelinround
24th March 2010, 08:15 AM
:o Wendy, Toni, Lillib.