PDA

View Full Version : Turning books - 2nds

rsser
15th March 2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks to Prozac for this find. Local stock discounted cos of cover damage.

Wood Turning :: Woodworking :: Bookmarked.com.au Pty Ltd (http://bookmarked.com.au/home.php?cat=431)

Postage seems to be a flat $6.95

tea lady
15th March 2010, 08:49 AM
Oh! Lots of books. :wave: Bookmarked! (Yuck yuck! :D )

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Ern! Nice pile of goodies there. My wife wont like you for that though. She thinks these forums are expensive enough as it is :whatonearth:

Cheers,
Dave

rsser
15th March 2010, 10:47 AM
But just emphasise how much you'll be saving Dave ;-}

And as TL points out, there are lots of books on other topics inc general woodwork, furniture making, etc. and there are some DVDs.

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 10:51 AM
Actually just noticed that there's a whole section on scrapbooking and stamping (LOML's choice of money sink), so I'm in the clear :2tsup:

rsser
15th March 2010, 10:59 AM
Bingo!

I ordered 3 titles this morning; $6.95 postage in total. More savings ;-}

Ed Reiss
15th March 2010, 11:47 AM
Actually just noticed that there's a whole section on scrapbooking and stamping (LOML's choice of money sink), so I'm in the clear :2tsup:

Oh Lord, ...Dave, my wife's into card making and stamping. Let's make a pact that they should never find out each others e-mail address!!!!

Kev Y.
15th March 2010, 02:46 PM
I don't want to steal Erns' thunder but I have also just found this site..

Free delivery worldwide on all books from The Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/)

Books at at least HALF the price of anywhere here in Australia, and FREE international delivery. I have ordered 4 books in the past month and they took 5 - 7 days to get here.

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 03:03 PM
Wow - impressive site. Just searched for Woodturning and there are tons of books in there. Darlow's intro book is ~$26 delivered, which is pretty darn cheap.

Is there service OK? Have you ever had any dramas with out of stock, etc?

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 03:05 PM
Oh Lord, ...Dave, my wife's into card making and stamping. Let's make a pact that they should never find out each others e-mail address!!!!

I actually have no problem with it and encourage it as much as possible. At last count she spends about 1/3 on craft as i do on woodturning (I haven't been game to check since I bought that Vicmarc...:B) It lessens the guilt and impact for me :D:D :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 03:15 PM
Curse you Ed! :doh: I had to check the Woodturning:Scrapbooking ratio for this financial year (since July 09). We're running at a shade over 11:1 :o Will have to do some *serious* encouragement about scrapbooking from here on in!

Cheers,
Dave

EDIT: Sorry guys. What was the topic again ?!? :doh:

rsser
15th March 2010, 05:56 PM
The topic Dave was HOW TO CHANGE A LIGHT GLOBE ;-}

Brudda, good site, thanks for the link.

Wld also add that if you go to Amazon for a partic title, you'll also be offered 2nd hand copies and can save a bundle that way. But you have to pay postage of course and not all 2nd hand retailers ship to Aus.

Ozkaban
15th March 2010, 06:45 PM
the topic dave was how to change a light globe ;-}

:d

hughie
15th March 2010, 07:46 PM
Ern, Brudda you guys are not helping my budget. :U

Ed Reiss
16th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Curse you Ed! :doh: I had to check the Woodturning:Scrapbooking ratio for this financial year (since July 09). We're running at a shade over 11:1 :o Will have to do some *serious* encouragement about scrapbooking from here on in!

Cheers,
Dave

EDIT: Sorry guys. What was the topic again ?!? :doh:

Shouldn't have checked...ignorance is bliss :roll:

...back to you Ern:D

rsser
16th March 2010, 01:10 PM
Well FWIW my bookmarked.com.au order was made in the morning and shipped in the afternoon. Not bad.

BTW they have a glitch in their online payment system which indicates that the payment hasn't gone thru (by email at order confirmation) and if you return to the shop. Just wait a bit longer for an emailed payment receipt from the shop.