PDA

View Full Version : Shepparton Wood Show

brendan stemp
16th March 2010, 12:13 PM
On Victoria's Labour Day Long Weekend (6 &7 march) the Goulburn Valley Woodworkers have their annual show. This year was the second time I attended and it is an absolute beauty! Worth the visit and lots to do around the area so keep it in mind for next year.

A point of interest surrounds the difficulties we had at pack up time when the skies opened up and all hell broke loose. It was like a tropical cyclone for about about 5 mins. and in that time trees came down in the car park and everywhere else within the Shep vicinity. When the wind abated I made a quick exit with my last load and headed back to Horsham over the causeway that connects Shep to Maroopna. The photos below are of what confronted me; apparently the road was closed not long after. Not good pics but I was trying to drive at the same time!

bowl-basher
16th March 2010, 12:43 PM
Wow :oo::oo::oo:
and you didn't even stop to collect that good wood:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bowl Basher

wheelinround
16th March 2010, 01:32 PM
:whs:

Rum Pig
16th March 2010, 03:30 PM
Good to see you got out OK:2tsup:

rsser
16th March 2010, 03:51 PM
Good grief. What a shocker.

Bet you were glad to escape the worst and get back home.

Jim Carroll
16th March 2010, 06:57 PM
2 of the club members were not so fortunate in that their cars were crushed by falling limbs.

There was another car where a limb speared through the sidewall of the tyre,

It was ferousous{spelling} really wild tress toppled everywhere and flash flooding.

Tim the Timber Turner
16th March 2010, 08:06 PM
2 of the club members were not so fortunate in that their cars were crushed by falling limbs.

There was another car where a limb speared through the sidewall of the tyre,

It was ferousous{spelling} really wild tress toppled everywhere and flash flooding.

Jees Jim, that's a big word, like marmalade?

I'll have to look that one up!!

Cheers

Tim:)

Tim

Texian
17th March 2010, 02:57 AM
What Bowl Basher said. Time to break out that chainsaw that's always behind the driver's seat.

robo hippy
17th March 2010, 04:55 AM
Chain saw and hand truck, don't leave home without it. Will trade.

robo hippy

Ed Reiss
17th March 2010, 07:26 AM
gald to hear that you came out of it OK...hope there were no injuries, cars can be replaced.

Jim Carroll
17th March 2010, 08:13 AM
Jees Jim, that's a big word, like marmalade?

I'll have to look that one up!!

Cheers

Tim:)

Tim

Nearly as bad as the Lukulele