PDA

View Full Version : The Hills Mens Shed official opening

Avery
18th March 2010, 08:21 PM
Our shed will be officially opened next Saturday 20th March at 2:00 pm.

This has been a long adventure to get to this stage and much thanks needs to go to The Hills Shire Council and especially Castle Hill Rotary Club and of course the committee and all of the members who have helped rebuild the place.

We are located in the old scout hall at Eric Mobbs Reserve, Ferguson Avenue, Castle Hill NSW.

Come and have a look if you are nearby, if not on Saturday, then any Wednesday between 10:00 and 2:30

wheelinround
18th March 2010, 08:35 PM
congrats well done nice spot by the looks of things

Uncle Joe
19th March 2010, 12:21 PM
Wel done to all. My old dad (84) has found a new lease on life since becoming involved in the Mens Shed project in Dareton N.S.W. ( just near the border with Mildura Vic.)

Avery
19th March 2010, 05:41 PM
Wel done to all. My old dad (84) has found a new lease on life since becoming involved in the Mens Shed project in Dareton N.S.W. ( just near the border with Mildura Vic.)

Our shed has an age range of well over 30 years, maybe more. They are a great place to learn, teach and just hang about.

Avery
19th March 2010, 05:44 PM
congrats well done nice spot by the looks of things

It is in a great spot. The place is a bit overrun with rabbits and foxes at the moment, but that is being addressed.

You should drop in and see us sometime, I'll be happy to give you the guided tour.

watson
19th March 2010, 06:12 PM
Good to see another Men's Shed about to open.
Great looking place and well done to all involved :2tsup:

wheelinround
19th March 2010, 06:13 PM
It is in a great spot. The place is a bit overrun with rabbits and foxes at the moment, but that is being addressed.

You should drop in and see us sometime, I'll be happy to give you the guided tour.

Avery I might just do that

So will you be sending on the mail to the rabbits and foxes :U I reckon it would make many members day sitting watching nature at its best in that environment.

Avery
19th March 2010, 07:49 PM
Avery I might just do that

So will you be sending on the mail to the rabbits and foxes :U I reckon it would make many members day sitting watching nature at its best in that environment.

Besides the ferals there are lots of lorikeets, rosellas, king parrots, the resident kookaburra troop etc. We also have a brush tail possum that has taken up residence in a corner of the ceiling. There are moves afoot to have him evicted and moved on to a neighbouring blue gum. One of the upcoming projects for the blokes is to make some nesting boxes.

HOOKED.UP
24th March 2010, 07:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS. !..

Looks like a great shed and in a great location.

There are now over 400 Mens Sheds in Aus. Which really proves their worth.

Mens shed - Australia | Australian Mens shed Association | Mens Shed Association Australia (http://www.mensshed.org/page7859/Home.aspx)

For any one interested in Mens Sheds, Please check out this link.

Paul.

Coordinator.
TasmanMensShed.

Avery
24th March 2010, 10:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS. !..

Looks like a great shed and in a great location.

There are now over 400 Mens Sheds in Aus. Which really proves their worth.

Mens shed - Australia | Australian Mens shed Association | Mens Shed Association Australia (http://www.mensshed.org/page7859/Home.aspx)

For any one interested in Mens Sheds, Please check out this link.

Paul.

Coordinator.
TasmanMensShed.

Wow!

I did not realise that there were that many sheds across the country.

A fantastic achievment.

It would seem with that many men involved, we should be able to gain a little more political leverage in the cause of the health of older men.

Whilst I am very aware of what our own shed is up to, I am, perhaps, not across what the combined mass of sheds may be able to achieve.

I would like to be more informed and involved. If you have any info. or you can direct me to places to find out , I would be most appreciative. PM me if you like.

HOOKED.UP
25th March 2010, 08:13 AM
Hi Avery,
I will certainly PM you.

Cheers,

Paul.

HOOKED.UP
25th March 2010, 08:31 AM
Hello again.

I have sent a PM, but not sure if it worked as I have not used this facility before.

If you like email me.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Paul.

artme
2nd April 2010, 07:55 AM
Well done fellas!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: A belated congratulatory message I know, but better late than never.