PDA

View Full Version : Some AAW mags

Sawdust Maker
21st March 2010, 10:56 PM
Apparently AAW have put all their magazines online - but only for members
To wet non-members appetites they have a few for general viewing here (http://www.woodturner.org/products/aw/WholeIssues/index.htm)
They are interesting reading

hughie
21st March 2010, 11:54 PM
I note in the 2005 edition theres a guide to making a simple Golden Ratio caliper by Bill Smith.
Its a fair bit simpler than the one I have and a lot less fussy on construction. Hey Ern hows your one holding up?

artme
22nd March 2010, 12:23 AM
Appetite duly wetted!:q:q

wheelinround
22nd March 2010, 09:15 AM
Evil pure evil :~ :doh: more time spent browsing instead of doing Thanks Nick

Liked the mention of the Aussies Winter 2005, Vol. 20 - No. 4 But who's Brendan Stamp :U

Sawdust Maker
22nd March 2010, 09:16 AM
I should have said AAW mags - I'll blame the lateness (I originally had AAP for those who came in late)

If a mod can change the title I would be grateful :)

(Dear Mr/Ms Mod: Thanks muchly!)

rsser
22nd March 2010, 01:30 PM
I note in the 2005 edition theres a guide to making a simple Golden Ratio caliper by Bill Smith.
Its a fair bit simpler than the one I have and a lot less fussy on construction. Hey Ern hows your one holding up?

V. nicely thanks hughie; it's a great bit of kit that you made.

FWIW, you can also get back issues of AWT on CD, but from memory the latest is 2006.

I really like AWT and have bought several single issues but they end up costing around AUD26 posted.

Good news that they're now online; I was pestering the editor about this last year and understood it was gunna take a lot longer.

Online membership is only USD38. Worth it IMO.

Edit: as a new online member :- it's a bit messy finding the page with all the archived issues