PDA

View Full Version : QLD:Swap QLD Red Cedar

stiff jointed
23rd March 2010, 04:07 PM
I have a quantity of rough sawn boards to 5 mts most approx 150mm x 50mm, some larger.

chowcini
23rd March 2010, 08:32 PM
pm sent

robyn2839
25th March 2010, 12:35 AM
what did you want to swap with?.....bob sounds good

Just George
30th March 2010, 07:15 PM
Do you have any left? What sort of cash are you asking?

stiff jointed
31st March 2010, 06:52 PM
Yes i have plenty left. just make me an offer and i'll let you know

robyn2839
1st April 2010, 11:04 PM
what are you asking for the cedar??? i dont think make me an offer is a good idea.................bob

Horsecroft88
14th April 2010, 02:41 PM
I could be interested in some red cedar for the restoration we are undertaking on our 1826 country home which has plenty of red cedar joinery in it (6 panel doors, architraves, skirtings etc).

I guess the two key issues though are the cost of timber and possibly even more so cost of and how to get such timber down to Tassie. I don't really have any timber to swap as all we have is needed for the house's restoration.

The reason for being possibly interested is that we will need to replace two cedar bottom reveals for the front french doors which have succumbed to dry rot grr., and it could be useful for other parts of the house restoration project. Dave

DJ’s Timber
14th April 2010, 03:31 PM
Yes i have plenty left. just make me an offer and i'll let you know

This Forum is for swapping Timber.

If you want an offer, I suggest that you try eBay, alternatively you can list it in the MARKET PLACE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f220/) with a price.

stiff jointed
14th April 2010, 07:09 PM
if you dont want it, fine. No loss for me

DJ’s Timber
14th April 2010, 08:49 PM
if you dont want it, fine. No loss for me

Ok, I'll rephrase that then. Have no interest in the timber myself , but I'll point out again, this particular part of the forum is for Timber Swaps as it says up there :aro-u: where it says, "TIMBER SWAP A forum where members can swap timber with other members."

DJ
ADMIN

Horsecroft88
14th April 2010, 10:10 PM
Ok, I'll rephrase that then. Have no interest in the timber myself , but I'll point out again, this particular part of the forum is for Timber Swaps as it says up there :aro-u: where it says, "TIMBER SWAP A forum where members can swap timber with other members."

DJ
ADMIN

That is fine DJ but seriously I don't think you really need to get too heavy handed here. Afterall, having just had a look at the Market Place section there really isn't any really clear area where the timber could be listed, and secondly, does it really matter.

I would have thought that whether the cedar is for sale or for swap is not really the issue. The point being is that Stiff Jointed is letting us interested people know it is available. On this area of the forum it is easier to locate. So hence from my perspective it actually is a better option to allow for such opportunities to be perhaps even multi-listed in different areas of the forum.

I just wish this cedar was in Tassie as the tyranny of distance, and especially getting it across the fishpond is the real difficulty for someone like myself.

I personally don't get the idea of timber swapping. I collect what I need and will use it, end of story. If I have any left at the end of my projects I will try to sell it for whatever I can get for it.

Stiff you might like to PM me, I don't know if it is viable economically to send down this far or not but perhaps it could be worth checking and I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about what exactly you have, any pictures of the planks for instance.

DJ’s Timber
14th April 2010, 10:36 PM
T Afterall, having just had a look at the Market Place section there really isn't any really clear area where the timber could be listed

There is a section specifically for Timber, try the link I've pasted below for you. There is a reason why we have these specific forums, one is to stop commercial sales as they tend to flood the forum and secondly to stop bidding wars here as they will and can get out off hand.

We quite often have to step in behind the scenes and mediate between sellers and buyers, which is why we have specific forums for selling or swapping etc.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/clear.gif TIMBER SALES (and MILLING EQUIPMENT) MARKET (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f222/)
This forum is for all things Timber - buy, sell, swap, slabs, turning blanks, pen blanks, veneer, also Timber Milling Machines and Equipment etc. No commercial sales allowed without Admin approval. All items for sale must include a price and where possible a picture. Auctions and make me an offer are not allowed.

stiff jointed
15th April 2010, 10:20 PM
OK, let me start by saying that at no point did i say the timber was for sale.
I asked for an offer actually and i was referring to a swap. However i dont really see what difference it makes at the end of the day if everyone is happy.
Smart ass comments about selling it on ebay werent appreciated at all.
If your an Admin then i think your time could be better utilised making it easier for the rest of us to navigate this site instead of harrassing me over your inability to read what i wrote.:~

Enfield Guy
16th April 2010, 08:13 PM
Wanna swap some for some Qld Walnut?

stiff jointed
16th April 2010, 11:27 PM
how much are you after?

robyn2839
17th April 2010, 03:56 PM
I have a quantity of rough sawn boards to 5 mts most approx 150mm x 50mm, some larger.

how much for three boards 150x50x3m thankyou......bob

Enfield Guy
17th April 2010, 05:02 PM
I've got about 3 or 4 cubic metres of walnut. If the cedar is good I would take maybe up to a cube as a straight swap. Also waiting for a response from you about the ash. Up to you!.
Cheers

stiff jointed
18th April 2010, 04:36 PM
are you swapping Bob? I wouldnt like the admins to attack me again.

stiff jointed
18th April 2010, 04:41 PM
as much as i like QLD Walnut, my machines do not. sorry

madmix
18th April 2010, 08:59 PM
Can I offer two boxes of matches.

Now if it was listed in the for sale section, I might get serious.

robyn2839
24th April 2010, 10:25 PM
are you swapping Bob? I wouldnt like the admins to attack me again. yes i want to swap money for it...bob

stiff jointed
25th April 2010, 09:58 PM
how much are you after?

robyn2839
26th April 2010, 02:47 PM
three boards 150x50x3m thankyou..bob

stiff jointed
26th April 2010, 10:28 PM
Sounds good to me Bob
Are you making the offer bob or asking me what i want per metre? Are you picking up?

underfoot
27th April 2010, 04:01 PM
silly question stiff joint, is your red cedar toona ciliata (australis)?
The reason I'm asking is that I've heard some folks refer to Mackay cedar as Qld red cedar

stiff jointed
27th April 2010, 06:35 PM
Thats ok. I'll give you a silly answer. Yes, the QLD Red Cedar is indeed toona ciliata as Purchased a number of years ago from Moxons Timber.

underfoot
27th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Thats ok. I'll give you a silly answer. .
alrighty, I'll bite,
I use a bit of cedar and I'm interested,
but after 26 posts on this thread I'm still none the wiser :?
what do you want to swap/sell it for?
throw us a bone mate

madmix
27th April 2010, 08:02 PM
Howdy stiffjointed, Why dont you just stick it in the market place section, with a pic and a price. I have no intention of offering good dollars for
what could be crap quality cedar.

cheers Mick

stiff jointed
28th April 2010, 06:33 PM
You tell me what similar timber you have to swap and we will go from there.....There is no point in me telling you what i want to swap if i dont know what you have.
I am not listing it in the market place so swap or forget it.
Lets not waste each others time. If you want to make me a fair offer per metre (price), then we can also go that way if the admins dont attack me again.

cheers

underfoot
28th April 2010, 08:46 PM
Lets not waste each others time.
Agreed stiffy, lets not waste each others time

robyn2839
30th April 2010, 10:54 PM
Sounds good to me Bob
Are you making the offer bob or asking me what i want per metre? Are you picking up? yes i will pickup name your swapping price