PDA

View Full Version : The great poo test?

BobL
31st March 2010, 11:50 PM
Just interested in how many have done it?
Got mine back today - when I told my wife my faecal occult blood test was negative, SWMBO asked if they found anything else because surely what I do in the privy has to have something wrong with it!

watson
31st March 2010, 11:54 PM
surely what I do in the privy has to have something wrong with it!

WHAT???? Sudoku puzzles.:U

Larry M
1st April 2010, 12:18 AM
Yep, did mine last year. Fortunately a negative result as well. For me it was an "in-between" test. I lost my mother to bowel cancer in 96, so because of the family history I have been having regular 'slightly more invasive' tests over the years. Not pleasant but much better than the alternative.

Regards

Larry

PS Bob - does your wife believe that occult implies strange rituals?

Sturdee
1st April 2010, 04:01 PM
Had mine done and it came back negative. Then a few month later they wrote and told me that some tests were defective so I did it again and still negative. Just as well as one type of cancer is enough for me.

Peter.

joe greiner
1st April 2010, 10:26 PM
Yep.

I've always called it my "Paint by Numbers" kit, although the newer method isn't quite the same.:D

Cheers,
Joe

watson
1st April 2010, 10:28 PM
Funny stuff Joe...

Andy Mac
1st April 2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, just got my results back in the last week or so, negative as far as they can tell. Should do a more complete check up, for that and the usual male problems...

Rattrap
2nd April 2010, 09:01 AM
Yep.

I've always called it my "Paint by Numbers" kit, although the newer method isn't quite the same.:D

Cheers,
Joe
:D:D:D According to my parents i was quite the virtuoso in my younger days.....

rotten_66
2nd April 2010, 07:45 PM
:D:D:D According to my parents i was quite the virtuoso in my younger days.....

OK I'll do it.

PicASSo then were we??

Rattrap
2nd April 2010, 07:56 PM
OK I'll do it.

PicASSo then were we??

Why yes i was. I even had paintings hanging in the loove

watson
2nd April 2010, 08:03 PM
Finger Painting???

Rattrap
3rd April 2010, 09:07 AM
Fingers & toes. I was very dexterous in my early days.

Wongdai
3rd April 2010, 04:51 PM
The whole idea of crapping on a piece of plastic and posting it turned me off big time, so I threw it all in the bin.

rsser
3rd April 2010, 05:29 PM
Better than a colon cam stuck up your rump!

And they don't even send you the pics.

Rocker
3rd April 2010, 05:46 PM
Better than a colon cam stuck up your rump!

The colon cam is not a problem, since you are unconscious when it is done. The stuff you have to drink to clean out your gut in preparation is nasty, but much better than the alternative - my mother had colon cancer. However, the disease, which is entirely preventable, so long as you get the polyps cut out before they turn cancerous, can well be lethal, if it is allowed to progress.

Cutting out the polyps, if any are found is done at the same time as the colonoscopy, and there is no post-operative pain - I have had five benign polyps removed so far, and go back every couple of years for a check up.

Rocker

rsser
3rd April 2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah, colon cancer runs in my family too. Have had the colon cam once now; wish you hadn't reminded me about what came before the procedure - forgetting is sweet.

kiwigeo
7th April 2010, 12:59 AM
The whole idea of crapping on a piece of plastic and posting it turned me off big time, so I threw it all in the bin.

WD...You dont actually post the whole cr*p...you wipe a tiny bit on a tube and that gets posted off. My opinion only but Id rather go through the minor inconvenience of the test than the major inconvenience of having a colostomy bag fitted....that would be a be a great big turn off.

Wongdai
7th April 2010, 03:25 PM
Oh, ok. I didn't realise that. Maybe next time the kit comes around I will consider it.

watson
7th April 2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah!!!!!!
Wongdai will finally get his S#@t together. :D :D :D

fartsydoodlehea
7th April 2010, 05:19 PM
Yep the colon cam isnt the issue..............its the fact that nobobody leaves money on the bedside table, sends you flowers, and theres no cuddling afterwards.:U.

witch1
7th April 2010, 06:18 PM
I have a colonoscopy every 3 years following the removal of 5 precancerous nodules 12 years ago,
last time I was in the procedure room in the bed alongside a funny old bloke awaiting a similar experience. We chatted about our various operations and he told me that this time he was in for a "double-header" i did not want to pry but I had to know just what it entailed.

witch1
7th April 2010, 06:23 PM
he said "well I have to have the camera stuck down my throat and also up my a#se.
I was very concerned, and advised him to make sure they gave the camera a good wipe over before they changed ends, unless he could prevail upon the doctor to be sure to do the oral procedure first.

Wongdai
7th April 2010, 06:43 PM
you'd think they could just start the camera at the top end and keep on working all the way through till it came out the other end.

BozInOz
7th April 2010, 09:34 PM
lol... you guys are hilarious...

I hear the bowel prep is the worse bit.

mowman
7th April 2010, 09:37 PM
mm, i might move on to a thread that talks about wood or anything else for that matter.

witch1
8th April 2010, 07:03 PM
bozinoz
you are right the procedure is a breeze you dont know anything about it until you wake up and from my own experience I have never felt any pain at all post op. The cleanout pre op is pretty lousy you feel like your bum is on fire by the time you have taken all the laxatives.
regards
witch 1:o:C:B