PDA

View Full Version : A Mans Shed Rules or Code of Conduct

Phil theToolman
4th April 2010, 03:15 PM
Can any body help.
I am searching for a post about a mans shed rules or code of conduct or similar that was posted here (I think) a few years ago. It was a great post and well written.

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to find it.

Many Thanks

Phil

Pat
4th April 2010, 03:31 PM
The Ubeaut Code of Practice (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f36/ubeaut-shed-code-practice-56847/)

Post 12

Phil, since it was your first post, I'll go easy on you, but it took me 5 minutes to find it in the search function, using "code" as the searchable word.

tea lady
4th April 2010, 03:33 PM
The Ubeaut Code of Practice (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f36/ubeaut-shed-code-practice-56847/)

Post 12

Phil, since it was your first post, I'll go easy on you, but it took me 5 minutes to find it in the search function, using "code" as the searchable word.I don't think that's the one he means. :no: I remember a discussion of what code of conduct a mens shed should have. And suggestions from members of what their club had. :think: Now where is it. :pi:

Acshully maybe it is. :doh: But I can't read the attachment cos I haven't got stuff-it. and I can't be stuffed getting it. :rolleyes:

wheelinround
4th April 2010, 03:35 PM
I don't think that's the one he means. :no: I remember a discussion of what code of conduct a mens shed should have. And suggestions from members of what their club had. :think: Now where is it. :pi:

That would be a change

A woman knowing a Man Shed code :B:q

so where is it

tea lady
4th April 2010, 03:39 PM
That would be a change

A woman knowing a Man Shed code :B:q

so where is itWel that's unusual. A man not knowing where something is.:rolleyes::p

Pat
4th April 2010, 03:41 PM
AM, if you mean Code of Conduct for Woodworking clubs etc, then most clubs do have their rules and regulations in writing. There has been various discussions on what is the best way to frame such to meet with OH&S obligations and members concerns.

wheelinround
4th April 2010, 03:43 PM
Wel that's unusual. A man not knowing where something is.:rolleyes::p

Retained for easy access stored for all time.

so we are still waiting for your location of Code TL:rolleyes:

Pat
4th April 2010, 03:49 PM
AM's code:
1. Pink Frilly curtains on all windows

Phil theToolman
4th April 2010, 03:56 PM

Post 12

Phil, since it was your first post, I'll go easy on you, but it took me 5 minutes to find it in the search function, using "code" as the searchable word.

Pat
Thank you, That was the one that I also found but was looking for the one with the attachment with the rules.
Or is there an attachment there that I can't see for looking.

Cheers

Phil

Phil theToolman
4th April 2010, 04:04 PM

Post 12

Belay my last post I found a zip file hidden in one of the answers that had the "Code" as a Word Doc.

I appreciate everyone's assistance and comments.
I can take it from here.

Cheers

Phil

Pat
4th April 2010, 04:13 PM
Phil, go to post 12 in the thread (By Shedhand) and the attachment will be there.

Oh bugger it, I'll attach it for you, so that it'll refresh the memory of all members.

wheelinround
5th April 2010, 08:29 AM
AM's code:

2 every thing must be purple

tea lady
5th April 2010, 12:02 PM
2 every thing must be purple

My shed is not purple! :gaah:

:shutup:

:p:D

My only rule is; Do not clean up until you can't find something.:p

RufflyRustic
5th April 2010, 01:53 PM
AM's code:

They are security window covers, thank you :q:D

wheelinround
5th April 2010, 02:51 PM
My shed is not purple! :gaah:

:shutup:

:p:D

Did I mention the shed :rolleyes: thought I said everything :q

Must be a daily 2 hour clean up AM ..........and PM:U

Cliff Rogers
5th April 2010, 03:43 PM
Phil, go to post 12 in the thread (By Shedhand) and the attachment will be there.

Oh bugger it, I'll attach it for you, so that it'll refresh the memory of all members.
That isn't the latest version.
The last update was 26 Oct 2007.

Pat
5th April 2010, 04:20 PM
That isn't the latest version.
The last update was 26 Oct 2007.

Well were is it?:q

Cliff Rogers
5th April 2010, 09:17 PM
Here ya go. :2tsup:

Grumpy John
6th April 2010, 07:59 AM
Cliff, the file is not opening. Can you post the unzipped version?

Sturdee
6th April 2010, 02:08 PM
Cliff, the file is not opening. Can you post the unzipped version?

It worked okay for me.

Peter.

Grumpy John
6th April 2010, 02:17 PM

I like your thought process TL. It's not really cleaning, you're just moving things around so that you can find that missing tool :D.

Grumpy John
6th April 2010, 02:27 PM
It worked okay for me.

Peter.

Peter, what program are you using to unzip the file:

Error message displayed by Winzip:

Error message displayed by WinRAR:

Sturdee
6th April 2010, 02:34 PM

Don't know, after I downloaded it it asked if I wanted it unzipped I'll try to upload the unzipped version.

Peter.

Ozkaban
6th April 2010, 03:12 PM

Error message displayed by Winzip:

Error message displayed by WinRAR:

Looks like your download is corrupt GJ. Try downloading a fresh copy of the file. Verify it's 43.5kb.

Cheers,
Dave

Grumpy John
6th April 2010, 04:40 PM
I've downloaded and read the Code of Practice, I have a question re Para 8.3.6. Does homemade ginger beer qualify as a blokey drink, or is it relegated to 8.3.7 Chaps Drinks sub para 8.3.7.4 Drinks containing bubbles?

Pat
6th April 2010, 06:11 PM
GJ, to my mind, home made alcoholic Ginger Beer with Chilli is a blokes drink :;

Cliff Rogers
6th April 2010, 09:27 PM
Depends entirely upon how many times the work socks you strained it through had been worn. :D

Frank&Earnest
6th April 2010, 10:16 PM
Anybody who refers to the woman in his life as SWMBO is a chap, not a bloke.

Ergo, the Code was written by chaps masquerading as blokes.

We have moles in our organisation. :D

tea lady
7th April 2010, 07:03 PM
Anybody who refers to the woman in his life as SWMBO is a chap, not a bloke.

Ergo, the Code was written by chaps masquerading as blokes.

We have moles in our organisation. :DIn Aus the use of SWMBO is intended as sarcasm. As is HWMBO!:D The true terms should be written with (as if) in brackets after it.:cool:

:think: And I was under the impression that "chaps" didn't have women in their life. :doh:

ivanavitch
7th April 2010, 09:17 PM
TL
And I thought chaps were those darling leather thingies worn over your pants. You know, like the cowboy in the village people.

OOOH. I see where you are coming from.:rolleyes:

Grumpy John
7th April 2010, 09:24 PM
Are blokes allowed to wear chaps whilst in the shed?

Groggy
7th April 2010, 09:31 PM

That is just wrong on so many levels GJ :no:

Calm
7th April 2010, 09:33 PM
GJ i was going to answer that one but knew the post would just be deleted so didn't bother. Thanks for the help Greg.

cheers

m2c1Iw
7th April 2010, 09:41 PM

I doubt it, they are unlikely to provide any real protection for a blokes gronicle and would be viewed with suspicion by any visiting bloke.

Why do you ask?:rolleyes:

BobL
7th April 2010, 09:51 PM
I doubt it, they are unlikely to provide any real protection for a blokes gronicle and would be viewed with suspicion by any visiting bloke.

Why do you ask?:rolleyes:

It depends. If for whatever reason you decide to use a chainsaw inside your shed I recommend Chaps. Last year I designed a special pair for operators who like to wear shorts while using a chain saw - funny how they never seemed to take off.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/attachments/f132/119891d1256124700-weisys-going-hands-expo-chaps.jpg

tea lady
7th April 2010, 11:44 PM
TL
And I thought chaps were those darling leather thingies worn over your pants. You know, like the cowboy in the village people.

OOOH. I see where you are coming from.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Queenslanders. :doh::D