PDA

View Full Version : MC1100A Lathe Motor Problems

Daz-za
5th April 2010, 12:28 AM
Hi All

I have a carbatec MC1100A Lathe with a lot of arc/sparking noise in the capacitor, I returned the Motor to carbatec,who said nothing was wrong with it, but being persitant they replaced the motor with a new one, it worked great for one day, now I have the same problem again, i did notice the motor was fairly hot, should i replace the capacitor with a better quality one, or is their possibly something else wrong with the motor

Motor type class B, 1.5hp, 6.5 amp with a CBB60 Capacitor (China), 20uf + 5%, climate 25/70/21

Will have to contact carbatec after easter

hughie
5th April 2010, 08:20 AM
Hmmm, I had one for a couple of years with little or no problems. Make sure its not dust getting into the motor. ie give it a good blow down with the air.

I ended up modifying my fan and an cowl to make it more effective. The Chinese motor will run hot, mine ran very hot at times.

rodent
5th April 2010, 01:03 PM
check your power point to make sure the active and neutral wires are the right way around and that its earthed .

Daz-za
6th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Rodent

all power points are in good order

Daz-za
30th May 2010, 06:53 AM
Problem solved was faulty Capacitor

imdusty
31st May 2010, 01:11 AM
Just a reminder; If you're using an extension cord of any kind, make sure you have the right guage of wire to handle the power usage.