PDA

View Full Version : Maple bowl

Ad de Crom
5th April 2010, 08:35 PM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Time to do a round turning instead of oval turning.
Have different rough turnings in paper bags from round to oval, all maple, for round bowls and oval jewelry boxes.
Took last saturday the first rough turned bowl after seeing that he lost more than 20 % of his moisture.
So here is the endresult.
DxH dimensions 215x57mm, average wallthickness 8mm, finished with two layers transparent acrylic stain decoration.
Was a one day fun turning.
Cheers, Ad

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Christos
5th April 2010, 08:41 PM
Very Nice.

Just a day to yourself. I get that as well but have to take it over several days. :roll:

powderpost
5th April 2010, 09:22 PM
Nice bowl Ad, with clean simple lines. Nice flowing shape too. :2tsup: Must be warming up over there.
Jim

Ad de Crom
5th April 2010, 10:29 PM
Nice bowl Ad, with clean simple lines. Nice flowing shape too. :2tsup: Must be warming up over there.
Jim
Thanks Jim, was yesterday in the Betuwe (the fruit area of Holland) and saw the first bloom at the fruit trees, so the first sign of the spring. In full bloom it's gorgeous to look at.
Cheers, Ad

Ed Reiss
6th April 2010, 12:12 PM
nice one Ad :2tsup: ,,,is this a keeper or does it go to a lucky relative?

Ad de Crom
6th April 2010, 04:44 PM
nice one Ad :2tsup: ,,,is this a keeper or does it go to a lucky relative?
Thanks Ed, it is a little present for the wife of my own dentist. She's an artist in her freetime with making pottery, and highly interested in my work. Had sometimes nice conversations with her about our work in her studio.
Ad

artme
6th April 2010, 08:12 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Another classy piece Ad.

bowl-basher
6th April 2010, 08:20 PM
Another top one Ad.
I look forward to seeing more of your work as it warms up for you
Regards
Graham

orificiam
6th April 2010, 08:50 PM
Beautiful bowl Ad as usual.
Cheers Tony.:)