PDA

View Full Version : Dome Sander

wheelinround
11th April 2010, 03:08 PM
Dome sander has any one got one or made one ???

I have seen a few home made dome type sanders most have failed miserably after a short period, these have been Velcor style either fitted to a battery drill or hand held system.

I am running a few ideas and decided to do a search :o WOW check this system out half way down the page is the dome sander Classic Hand Tools Limited - Kirjes Sanding System from Sweden (http://www.classichandtools.com/acatalog/Kirjes-Sanding-System.html)

Pat
11th April 2010, 05:54 PM
LV have them too:q

wheelinround
11th April 2010, 06:26 PM

So do you have one Pat???

Anyone one in Australia good old Ozzie know how home made ???

or the forum sponsors.:roll:

mongrell
11th April 2010, 06:34 PM
who is lv pat ? wheelin i bought the compleat system some years ago and its one of the best investments ive ever made .its great for sanding all sorts of things that are round or rounded ,carving,turning,intarsia,chair legs etc the dome one is ok so long as you dont hit sharp eges going the wrong way and the sleeves last quiet awhile .i dropped the motor and broke it some time ago so just bought a cheap small drill press and this does the job \100 bucks compared to 300 you can buy the bits and pieces individually and thal makes it cheaper .i use the small drum and the next size up the most the long one hardly ever ,same as the dome but then again i dont turn.mik used to sell them i think thats macwood now

wheelinround
11th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Lee Valley is who Pat is mentioning

Thanks sounds like a good investment I am tired of using my fingers I guess :;

Thanks for the reply