PDA

View Full Version : google sketch up - cant see anything

Arron
20th April 2010, 02:37 PM
I downloaded and installed Google SketchUp v7.0. I had just a few minutes to play with it, and it seemed to be working. then I clicked on a forumites drawing to look at it. Now all I get is a blank page. I have rebooted and restarted, but cannot do any drawing. I can choose a drawing tool, but nothing appears on screen.

Can anyone help
cheers
Arron

RedShirtGuy
20th April 2010, 04:35 PM
Are you getting the axes (red, blue green lines) when you start a new diagram?

When you use a drawing tool, do you get anything while you use it and the object disappears when you let go of the mouse button, or is there absolutely nothing? (Thinking here that it just might be zoomed too far out)

Can't say I've come across that problem before. I've had a play and can't replicate it so I guess check the settings under the view menu, try viewing another model from the 3D warehouse (under File menu), or maybe even most drastically uninstall and reinstall it in the extremely unlikely case that the forumite's model completely screwed something.

Arron
20th April 2010, 05:56 PM
OK, thanks
I did an uninstall and then a reinstall, which seems to have fixed the problem. Apparently I had 'damaged the settings in the SketchUp registry'.

cheers
Arron