PDA

View Full Version : Xcalibur Machinery

yowie
27th April 2010, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone, thinking about buying an Xcalibur jointer and a thinknesser. Can't find too much in reviews on the web. Anyone got any experience?

yowie
27th April 2010, 10:46 PM
Too late, have bought them. Seem pretty good, shall bash out a review once I have had a play.

Pops
28th April 2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Yowie,

I am guessing if they are new then you got them from Ron Mack Machinery. I have not used any Xcalibur machines but, if my memory serves me correctly, I did speak to Ron Mack about them some years ago. He said that they were the best of the Asian built machines that they researched/visited.

Xcalibur also make professional size/featured machines and they did look very good. So I guess that bodes well for the smaller machines. And there is quite a range of equipment in the line, also a good thing.

This should all suggest that you have great machines and available service. If I had the money at the time I probably would have bought a mid size jointer and thickneser but I put off any purchases for a few years looking for secondhand gear.

Would love to see some photos when you have the machines in action. Look forward to the reviews.

Cheers
Pops

yowie
28th April 2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, they are made in Taiwan but are VERY sturdy. I opted for the 20inch thicknesser and 12inch jointer so they come in at about 400kg each. Bit of a struggle moving them into position I can tell you. Ran the bevel box over them once they were in position and they were all spot on in alignment out of the box so very happy with that.