PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router Fence

jow104
19th September 2004, 06:08 PM
I'm in a bad mood with my triton router table. The fence slipped whilst cutting a groove on a timber edge.
This is not the first time this has happened, in fact I have stripped the bolt threads previously when tightening down the fence. The paint surface of the router table and the paint surface on the fence base create a situation like an ice rink.
Thought I would tell Triton if they read this forum.
I am going to put clamped blocks behind fence in future.

Barry_White
19th September 2004, 06:47 PM
Jow

Haven't you got the Micro adjuster blocks that fit behind the fence for that purpose.

Try e-mailing Triton at www.triton.net.au (http://www.triton.net.au)

Gumby
19th September 2004, 06:55 PM
it's happened to me too, but I didn't tighten them down sufficiently. Hasn't been a problem if I do.

jow104
19th September 2004, 07:19 PM
To Bazza
I naturally tighten the micro blocks (black plastic type wingnuts) but as mentioned above the thread can strip on the bolts. I don't think the router holding insert plate helps its most probably just proud of the table. The fence crosses this plate.
Anyone no if there have been any upgrades to this area?
No unsurmountable problem I'm hoping clamped block wil give the backup. I'm attaching the clamps to the table to remind me each time I set the fence up.

I'm sure every one knows the frustration after preparing timber, making joints, and then have a piece ruined, and thinking it goint to take me an hour or so ;to recover the position.