PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Melany Wood Expo 2010

skot
1st May 2010, 06:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone in SE Qld has been to the wood expo yet, I am planning on going tomorrow.

What's it like this year...I missed out on 2009...worth the drive?

dai sensei
2nd May 2010, 01:50 PM
Just got back today. Arrived Friday night & went out for dinner with a few forumites at Maleny pub. Spent all day shopping with breaks sitting at Weisy's stall, then dinner again but at Landsborough pub.

Not as many storeholders I thought, but still definately worth the trip. I tried to hold back buying stuff, but couldn't resist some Ringed Gidgee, Budgeroo, Wilga and Mulga pieces that called out to me :rolleyes:.

For those bow hunters out there, there were some big straight lengths of Osage Orange.

Ran into quite a few forumites :2tsup:

skot
2nd May 2010, 07:22 PM
I took the punt and went up there today. Didnt buy any timber like you did dai but did come back with some pen turning gear.

Enjoyed the day and got some good ideas to incorporate in future projects.

Had to laugh at the Bush Stump Recliner Chair

Andy Mac
4th May 2010, 09:59 AM
I went there on Sunday morning, after staying the night with some mates near Maleny. I thought it was great, much bigger than the previous time I went. Some really inspirational woodwork, a huge range of timber, and some other interesting stuff (books, alternative products, food, eco people). I saw one guy on a shaving horse, making Windsor chairs, which thrilled me the most! Also caught a guy playing a really good sounding assortment of cigar box guitars/banjos with a stomp box!! My sort of music! The only thing I reckon it could have done with was a stall of hand tools, whether second hand or new.
I did buy something, besides entry and a bite to eat, which was a small block of black heart sassafras, with spalting. Unsure of what to do with it, but have never tried any before.
I said gday to weisyboy and a mate, but didn't see any Forum caps about.

Cheers,