PDA

View Full Version : Think I have another kidney stone

Phil Spencer
4th May 2010, 09:37 AM
I think I have done it again and grown and dislodged another kidney stone, I have all the indicators:

Red pee
incredible pain in the back

The Vet is sending me off for all the usual tests today.

Hope it is not like last time 17 yeas ago, then they were going to shatter it with ultrasound when they did an Xray to pinpoint it they found that the stone had moved to far out of the way cheerfully they said "don't worry we can poke it back up" I politely declined and went to Sydney for a week on business.

After coming home I had a few incidences of renal colic Pathadine is a wonderful drug.

When I finally had the stone removed they stuck a tube up my Willy and dilated it then they played star-wars with a laser and scraped the broken up stone out. I can still remember my first pee vividly like some one pulling razor wire through poor old Willy. My kidney decided that I still had not suffered enough and decided to shut down for four days the pain was incredible (what I remember through the drugs). I hope that it all goes well this time.

What worries me is my wife has since developed a disability and she is stressing out wondering how she will cope with her carer out of action.

munruben
4th May 2010, 10:00 AM
Not much fun is it mate? hope all turns out well for you.

Phil Spencer
4th May 2010, 10:06 AM
Not much fun is it mate? hope all turns out well for you.

Makes my eyes water contemplating it all. Thanks for the good wishes.

artme
4th May 2010, 03:13 PM
Not good Phil. One thing I hope never to get.

Hope it works out for you and that SWMBO doesn't stress herself out any further.

Cliff Rogers
4th May 2010, 03:57 PM
Yowh! :(

les88
4th May 2010, 03:59 PM
good luck I hope it doesn't cause too much pain.
les

Phil Spencer
4th May 2010, 05:03 PM
Had the ultra sound and sent on my way, later this afternoon I got a phone call asking me back to have a CT scan. This made me think 'Holey Fire Truck Bat Man' what was wrong. It turned out that the Ultra sound was not clear and it also showed my prostrate to be larger than normal, any how the result is the stone has moved from the kidney and is sitting at the end of the urethra waiting to pass into my bladder then I suppose I will have the pleasure of experiencing the sensation of trying to pass razor wire when i finally pee it out. keep your ears open girls and boys because I reckon the whole of Australia will hear me when it does.

artme
4th May 2010, 05:47 PM
Some useless information:

William Bligh had kidney stones. Maybe that is why he was so irrascible.

wheelinround
4th May 2010, 06:27 PM
Glad mine are never that bad just feels like two marbles rubbing together and lower back pain.

Apple Juice or Cranberry is better helps dissolve them.:2tsup:

Ps sorry about your wife hope all comes good for both of you.

Phil Spencer
15th May 2010, 09:53 AM
I hope everything will work out fine

Still trying to pass it, the beer therapy is enjoyable :rolleyes:

joe greiner
15th May 2010, 10:01 PM
If always on the same side, probably UPJ constriction. Welcome to the club.

Joe

rrobor
31st January 2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but it may just help. My Sister suffered regular bouts of kidney gravel and the pain she described as just about intolerable. Being crystals of calcium and my sister being that age where females are told to increase their calcium intake, her choices were limited. Sister being sister researched calcium in the body etc.
It turns out that to keep calcium in a fluid state in the body it has to be in balance with magnesium. She has taken half a magnesium tablet per day for the last 20 years and has not had another bout. Placibo, luck or reality, I dont know, but Magnesium tablets are cheap and will not harm you, may be worth a try.