PDA

View Full Version : Quiet router sound pressure level query.

reuven bigos
4th May 2010, 07:27 PM
Greetings

May any of you people measured (or may measure) the sound
level pressure (DB) off-load that triton 2400W 3.25 hp router
producing

in
(a)25,000 RPM
(b)8,000 RPM

I desire to buy a router that is quite as possible.
Thank you in advance for the information.

Thank you.

jimdave
4th May 2010, 08:29 PM
Quite or Quiet,
I just bought a Triton router from Carba tec and at its highest rpm you would need to wear earmuffs just to cut down the noise a bit. but at its lowest rpm about 800rev/m you would need to wear any earmuffs, but it would be better to for hearing sake.
Hope this helps, just a question why do you need a quiet router?

reuven bigos
4th May 2010, 09:02 PM
greetings jimdave

indeed i meant quiet .

it was not clear to me, did you mean that at 8000 rpm,
i will not need ear mufflers ?

The reason is high sensitivity too high pitch sound.

best regards

Chipman
4th May 2010, 09:12 PM
All motors with brushes will be noisy... Practically all hand held electric tools.

I have found that the electronic Hitachi is a lot quieter than my Triton.

Cheers,

Chipman

Master Splinter
4th May 2010, 09:14 PM
Ear protection is cheaper and easier to find than a router that doesn't make a high pitched squealing noise. (even a Dremel makes a fair bit of noise for its size). $30 gets you a pair of good earmuffs (get them from an industrial clothing/safety store, not from Bunnies)

TP1
4th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Spindle moulders are very quiet

Chipman
4th May 2010, 09:47 PM
Spindle moulders are very quiet

Sure are, they use an induction motor rather than a universal/DC motor.

Still think Master Splinter is right...use ear protection!!!

Chipman

yowie
4th May 2010, 10:32 PM
Spindles don't get the high rpm though.

malb
5th May 2010, 06:56 PM
The original enquiry asked for no load noise levels.

While I would generally agree with all comments to date, I would add that running a router no load is a pointless exercise, and noise levels will increase significantly as soon as you put the beast to work on a piece of wood.

Simplest to bite the bullet and accept that you will be working with muffs and safety glasses as a minimum whenever the machine is running. If you need extra hearing protection, you can wear disposable plugs under muffs.

Rookie
5th May 2010, 08:55 PM
Ear protection is cheaper and easier to find than a router that doesn't make a high pitched squealing noise. (even a Dremel makes a fair bit of noise for its size). $30 gets you a pair of good earmuffs (get them from an industrial clothing/safety store, not from Bunnies)

Agree. My Triton is much noisier under load than without load. I'm assuming your Emerald is the one in Victoria and not in Queensland when I say there is a very good Industrial Safety shop in Hoddle St just left off the Eastern Freeway if you're in town anytime soon.