PDA

View Full Version : Finial Re-Do

Ed Reiss
13th May 2010, 12:42 AM
Clumsy me went and dropped the lid/finial to a piece that I completed some months ago and the finial broke into many small bits :doh::o:C:~ ...so I turned and carved a different style finial for the piece.

C&C welcome.

Ad de Crom
13th May 2010, 05:38 AM
Ed, clumsy?? Has this to do something with the age??
The original finial was as I can remember delicate, just like the new finial.
Looks good to me my friend. Please, don't let fall it!!!
Ad :2tsup:

mkypenturner
13th May 2010, 06:31 AM
wow thats amazing :2tsup:
and having the time to carve it is just something i dont have

troy

artme
13th May 2010, 08:28 AM
Very delicate!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Bet that tested your patience!

Allen Neighbors
13th May 2010, 08:52 AM
Awesome, Ed. Couldn't do anything like that with these shaky hands of mine. Too delicate.
:2tsup:

Gil Jones
13th May 2010, 10:40 AM
Beautiful...:2tsup:

TTIT
13th May 2010, 11:11 AM
Would have heard the swearing from there if it had happened to me Ed :~. Love the new one :2tsup:

wheelinround
13th May 2010, 11:55 AM
Ed your not alone in the clumsy dept :B

New one looks good :2tsup:

Texian
13th May 2010, 01:20 PM
Ed if you are clumsy, then someone else made this one. Very impressive work.

Ed Reiss
13th May 2010, 11:31 PM
Ed, clumsy?? Has this to do something with the age??
The original finial was as I can remember delicate, just like the new finial.
Looks good to me my friend. Please, don't let fall it!!!
Ad :2tsup:

Ad, probably has everything to do with age...I certainly don't remember being clumsy at the age of 3, swiftly downhill from then on :doh:

Would have heard the swearing from there if it had happened to me Ed :~. Love the new one :2tsup:

Ha...maybe not that far TT, but I'm sure the neighbors 3 houses away did :U

dai sensei
14th May 2010, 07:10 PM
Well done Ed :2tsup:

I can relate to dropping your piece and breaking the finial. I dropped my piece I took to the display at Turn-Fest2010 and broke the finial. I made the mistake of picking up the piece with the lid on :doh:. I simply glued it back together, but a $1200 gallery piece is now a $30 finial box :~

munruben
14th May 2010, 07:36 PM
Nice work Ed. great in fact.:2tsup:

munruben
14th May 2010, 07:38 PM
. I simply glued it back together, but a $1200 gallery piece is now a $30 finial box :~DOH! :doh:

Sawdust Maker
14th May 2010, 11:05 PM
nice work, shame to have to redo a prize piece

Send it over here I'll keep it safe from clumsy people :rolleyes:

on second thoughts, I have youngish boys, tis probably better to keep it on your continent :o

Ed Reiss
15th May 2010, 11:58 AM
Well done Ed :2tsup:

I can relate to dropping your piece and breaking the finial. I dropped my piece I took to the display at Turn-Fest2010 and broke the finial. I made the mistake of picking up the piece with the lid on :doh:. I simply glued it back together, but a $1200 gallery piece is now a $30 finial box :~

DOH! :doh:

Double DOH:doh::doh: It's amazing how quickly a piece loses value if it needs to be glued back together!

Nick...kids are preferable to a piece of wood anyday!! Enjoy 'em while you can, they tend to grow up real quick.