PDA

View Full Version : Gunna!

vsquizz
22nd September 2004, 01:08 AM
Due to the fact that "The List" at my place is expanding one a daily basis and I actually have "The List" mentally divided into "those things I'm Gunna Make" and "those things I Gunna Have to Make"; when my four year old was pestering her mother to take her to the library I interjected placing a Dad condition on this outing. Miss four year old took the getting of some woodwork books for Dad very seriously.

They duly returned to my workbench with;

Veneering - A complete course by Ian Hosker
Storage Projects for the Router - the best from Router Magazine
Restoring Wood - published by BT Batsford UK
Moving Wooden Toys by Peter Holland

Great things these librarys. The veneering book is excellent. Lots of ideas from the Router book. The restoration book although european explained some historical facts I never understood before and also information on how furniture deteriorates. The Moving Wooden Toys book is not something I would have normally picked up but the kids are winning me over.

So the list is shot to pieces again and I'm just gunna...

Cheers

barnsey
22nd September 2004, 05:39 PM
Squizz :p

Don't ya just hate that - and what's more they've been reading them - at Mum's tutoring - to work out what they want. If it's like round here you now have a must do list "Before I Kill My Kids" :eek:

Billy Carts, Airplanes, this - that.

Welcome to the club

And my sincere commiserations

Jamie

Termite
22nd September 2004, 05:47 PM
You think you've got troubles with kids. Thats nothing compared to grandkids.

For some unknown reason Grandmothers, who sometimes threatened their own kids with terrible things, seem to think that the G'kids are mini gods, do no wrong, must have everything done for them NOW, and that the sun moon and stars wouldnt shine without them.
So my friends, kids are just the warm up, but who'd be without the little #$%@&^'s. :D

barnsey
22nd September 2004, 06:24 PM
Dooh

Mothers are one subject :rolleyes:

Mothers of mothers - That even more incomprehensible :eek:

vsquizz
22nd September 2004, 10:18 PM
Termite, We manage to keep the spoilings of grandparents to a minimum except they always get us in the food department. Come home and the kids have just finished watermelon....A Whole WATERMELON! :eek: about 10 minutes before teatime...and your supposed to get them to eat their vegies..........:(

Don't ya just hate that - and what's more they've been reading them - at Mum's tutoring - to work out what they want. If it's like round here you now have a must do list "Before I Kill My Kids" :eek:
Yep, they've been in the toy book with Mum, going "I'll have one of these, and the airplane looks good, and the windmill...". My only saving grace is that I have no shed at the moment but thats a double edged sword as I'm going nuts. I did have a win today and got approval from the other side of the fence to do the works where the new slab will go...

And of course requirements for new toys, well I'll just have to buy a new bandsaw for those projects, and I can then turn the garden shed into a finishing room, and I'll definetly need some new morticer chisels for those toys and......

Grandmothers, who sometimes threatened their own kids with terrible things,I remember my Mum doing her block with me one day (where did that saying originate?) and it seems I was not being overly appreciative of whatever circumstances I was beset and she yelled "you should be grateful you little so and so because if birth control had of worked in my day you wouldn't even BE HERE"

Didn't quite pick up the meaning at the time being something like 8 years old but kids don't listen, they just get the drift.

Librarys are great, and always love your Mum

Cheers

Driver
22nd September 2004, 10:44 PM
Miss four year old took the getting of some woodwork books for Dad very seriously.

Squizzy

Little girls take Dad's requirements very seriously. Mine is now 26 years old and she still spends a fair amount of time worrying about her Dad's wellbeing. She went through a stage between the ages of 12 and 18 when her person was invaded by some alien monster but the alien eventually went away and my little girl came back - a bit bigger but essentially no different.

So - as you no doubt understand - Miss four year old's concerns about your woodwork books need to be reciprocated in the form of some woodwork objects that she can enjoy (even more because Dad made them).

Keep it up Gunner Squizz!

Col

vsquizz
22nd September 2004, 10:59 PM
So - as you no doubt understand - Miss four year old's concerns about your woodwork books need to be reciprocated in the form of some woodwork objects that she can enjoy (even more because Dad made them).

Keep it up Gunner Squizz!

Col
Col, the transitionary stages through the "dark side" can be harrowing, and this has nothing to do with Derek.

Funny thing is my Dad used to call me Gunner:D I was always Gunna.. something.

Miss Four Year Old got a wooden dolls cot for her 4th Bday, made by Dad and Painted:eek: by Mum (paint much to Dad's displeasure). Its her favourite so how can a Dad resist...sigh...putty...:)

Cheers

Sturdee
22nd September 2004, 11:25 PM
And I can then turn the garden shed into a finishing room, and......

Great idea - finishing rooms are definately worth the effort.

Peter.

vsquizz
22nd September 2004, 11:30 PM
Great idea - finishing rooms are definately worth the effort.
Peter.
Plagiarism is a WWW epidemic Peter:D

Is there a Book, "Sturdee's shed conversions" the ancient art of garden shed battonry

Truly thanks for the pictures.

Cheers

John Saxton
24th September 2004, 10:58 PM
Squizz, place down this-away called Gunna doo but every time we drive past looks like nuthin's happening :eek:

Perhaps not a bad philosophy to always have somethin' in the back shed..whether to ponder over or abuse if'n Er indoors gets too much to take.

Often wonder what or if is drivin this bloke!!!

Cheers :)

vsquizz
25th September 2004, 02:12 PM
Is it hobbyology, tightarseology or escapology which drives a bloke to his shed. Perhaps best left to the imagination.

Now its off to the council with me plans...I'm gunna....