PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Brisbane, the sunny state, although it rained last night

AdmetusNotus
20th May 2010, 02:20 AM
G'day All

My name is Tim Temple-Watts, I'm 19 years old and live in the western suburbs of Brisbane. I was born in Toowoomba in 1991 and grew up for the first 5 years on our family property in Goondiwindi. Our family lived in England for 18 months, the Philippines for 2 years and had small stints in Malaysia and Singapore. We returned to Australia in 1999/2000 and picked up schooling again in Indooroopilly, Brisbane.

Two years after coming back we moved to Kenmore and over the last 6 years we have been renovating the house and by we, I really mean my Dad with some help from the family. He was a jack of all trades, plumber, brick layer, builder, electrician, mechanic, farmer, concreter, oil rig worker etc etc etc. From him I learnt many things and picked up my love for fishing and boating from a very early age, as well as a love for building things.

In highschool I studied Technology Studies, which was a cross between design and building & construction into one, so we had to write reports and then design a product to fit some niche or just a big project and then go build it. Dad supported me from the word go with many of these projects, for which I am very grateful of.
We had often talked of building a boat, but this never eventuated. Dad passed away on the 28 July 09.

I am currently studying Parks and Wildlife Management at the Uni of QLD, Gatton Campus and after this course want to head down to Victoria to study a Diploma of Outdoor Education and Recreation.

I think thats enough for now, bit about my background, what I'm into and what I'm doing. :U

Cheers & Thanks for reading,

Tim

Dean
20th May 2010, 08:14 AM
Welcome aboard mate! :2tsup:

munruben
20th May 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Tim and welcome to the forum. That was a great introduction and tells us a lot about you, which is good. Sounds like you are a young man with a purpose in life and you are on the right track.. Sorry to hear about your Dad passing away but I am sure you have some great memories of him to treasure. It's never easy to come to terms with something like that.
I wish you luck for the future and I am sure your Dad is very proud of you. Welcome aboard.:2tsup::2tsup:

Christos
21st May 2010, 01:24 AM
Welcome to the forum. Munruben said it well and I second the words and thoughts.

artme
24th May 2010, 08:11 PM
G'day Tim and awelcome to the shed!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You've certainy led a packed life and no doubt picked up some handy skills on the way.

I'm sorry to see your dad passed away but I will bet you learnt so much from him and i can see that you really have a lot of respect for his influence on your life.

You fish so you can make a wooden boat. Then you can get an Alvey reel kit and turn yourself an Alvey sidecast reel.

Bluegum
24th May 2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Tim, glad to have you along mate.:2tsup:

Billyboydes
3rd June 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Tim,
Thanks for the background and welcome to the Forum. It sounds like there's a big bit of the old man's skills in the son! Good luck.
regards
Billy