PDA

View Full Version : "Well Built" ski boat - Good home required

Paulie432
21st May 2010, 11:26 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine has inherited a "Well Built" speed boat/Ski boat when he purchased his new property. The boat looks like it was built in the 50's or 60's and powered by a flathead Ford V8.

I haven't run a tape over it, but I'm guessing that it would be about 14'. The boat has come apart in a few places and at some point between the fan belt and the prop it has siezed. It is on a trailer, but I would suggest coming with a car trailer if you're intersted.

I'm not a woodworker, so have no idea about if the boat can be repaired, but we would love it if the boat could go to someone who will restore it to it's former glory.

We don't want any money for the boat, but we would like it if the boat could be used as a "wellbeing" project, for a group eg youth group, Apprentices, Men's Shed, even a father & son project or "sanity saver" for someone who wants something to tinker with in the shed to escape the significant other, inlaws etc...

As stated, we do not want any money for the boat, it is, like they say in the classics "free to a good home", the emphasis is "good". Feel free to drop a line as a reply, or email me at pamclucas at hotmail.com. Pictures are available.

Thanks

Paul and Kate

Albeare
26th May 2010, 03:29 PM
Paul,
a link to photobucket or some attached photos would be good.
cheers

shanewillis
29th May 2010, 07:36 PM
gday i'm very interested. i would like some photos if poss i'm pretty interested what ever condition. could you please email some photos or contact info to me. [email protected]
regards Shane

Stringy
30th May 2010, 10:58 AM
Most of the boat has been picked up (except for a small pile of fire wood) and is now in Muswellbrook. I am about to remove all running gear and assess if anything can be done with the hull, it's bad!

Will also take some pictures.

Paulie432
30th May 2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the interest. Stringy came down on the weekend and collected the boat. Hopefully if it's too big a job for him, he will pass it on to someone who can restore he to her former (much former) glory.

Thanks again for the interest, and good luck with the boat Stringy!!

Paul and Kate