PDA

View Full Version : Time to start thinking about my longboard

corbs
23rd May 2010, 10:26 PM
This ones been on the back burner for a while but thinking of bringing it up the list a little:cool:

Have been reading through a few threads (this ones good) (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f14/longboards-20131/) and other forums and I'm inspired.

Someone posted a link to a supplier of thin fibreglass mat either earlier this year or late last year and I can't find it:(. If anyone can point me in the direction of the thread or supplier it would be greatly appreciated:). I looked at Carbon Fibre then a suppliers price list then came back to fibreglass for at least my first few:rolleyes:

I want to retain the wood look so first question is will fibreglass on the top be transparent enough to show the wood through? Haven't used it before so its a learning curve for me.

I'm going simple for the first few, intention is to go with a few sheets of thin ply with fibreglass top/bottom and inbetween sheets of ply. If anyone has alternatives or ideas I'm all ears:2tsup:

That will do as a start so thanks for reading and if you can help me out... TIA:U

Corbs