PDA

View Full Version : Footy results?

Carry Pine
29th May 2010, 08:56 PM
Does anybody have the footy results from that Port Adelaide/ Richmond game today?

Graham

benupton
29th May 2010, 08:57 PM
Port Adelaide 2.3 2.4 3.10 3.12 (30)
Richmond 3.4 6.9 7.11 10.17 (77)

Scribbly Gum
29th May 2010, 08:58 PM
Richmond won easily Graham. 77-30
Hope you are a supporter
SG

Scribbly Gum
29th May 2010, 09:03 PM
Richmond: 10.17 (77) - J Riewoldt 4, B Nason 3, R Nahas 2, R Tambling.

Port Adelaide: 3.12 (30) - B Ebert, C Hitchcock, D Stewart.

Lignum
29th May 2010, 09:19 PM
Oh, we're from Tigerland,
A fighting fury, we're from Tigerland,
In any weather you will see us with a grin,
Risking head and shin,
If we're behind then never mind,
We'll fight and fight and win.

For we're from Tigerland,
We'll never weaken 'til the final siren's gone.
Like the Tigers of old,
We're strong and we're bold.
For we're from Tiger..
yellow and black,
For we're from Tigerland.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

snapman007
29th May 2010, 09:35 PM
ha ha ha ha ha the tigers actually won a game this year. :2tsup:

There's a rumour going around that the best vfl/afl side to ever play beat the bulldogs last night.:D

Scribbly Gum
29th May 2010, 09:41 PM
Got this as an email.
Just seems appropriate to share it here:

Justice in Victoria

(AP) - A seven-year old boy was at the centre of an Melbourne courtroom drama when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Richmond Football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone this year.

snapman007
29th May 2010, 09:51 PM
Got this as an email.
Just seems appropriate to share it here:

Justice in Victoria

(AP) - A seven-year old boy was at the centre of an Melbourne courtroom drama when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Richmond Football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone this year.

:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
just about pis*ed me self

benupton
29th May 2010, 10:58 PM
The pies lost.

Lignum
29th May 2010, 11:01 PM
Soon as the after game song is you tubed ill post it here. NEVER have i seen a more stirring and passionet version anywhere or any code than tonights Tiger song. The footy forums and radio talk back are buzzing over it.

snapman007
29th May 2010, 11:07 PM
The pies lost.

gotta be happy with that.:cool:

Lignum
29th May 2010, 11:13 PM
gotta be happy with that.:cool:

Is it possible the weekend could get better:?

Tiges win, Pies lose:D

benupton
29th May 2010, 11:22 PM
yep

artme
30th May 2010, 06:16 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen!

In 1969 I watched the Grand Final betwee Richmond and Collingwood on TV, in Broken Hill. Highest ever aggregate scor in Grand Final history! Wonderful stuff!!!

Lignum
30th May 2010, 08:19 PM
Check this out. Normal tradition for all clubs is for debutants or first time winners for a club to be in the inner of the circle. The Tiges had so many they actually had two circles, one in the middle including first time coach… Brings a tear to the eye and lump in ur throat.:)

YouTube - Oh we're from Tigerland

Lignum
30th May 2010, 08:53 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen!

In 1969 I watched the Grand Final betwee Richmond and Collingwood on TV, in Broken Hill. Highest ever aggregate score in Grand Final history! Wonderful stuff!!!

Unfortunatly that was `72 and the Tiges 22.18(150) lost to Carltank 28.9(177).:(

Carry Pine
31st May 2010, 10:38 PM
Thank you guys.

Confession time.......... I knew the Tigers had won.

And thanks lignum for the video link.

Graham

Greg Ward
1st June 2010, 08:35 AM
Graham,

A sporting event of a different type.....
Ae you coming this year?

Greg

Carry Pine
1st June 2010, 11:30 AM
Greg,

Yes i go each year but I miss the real bargains at Greenwich in the yard.

Graham

Greg Ward
1st June 2010, 12:19 PM
The yard has only moved to Cremorne, where a good supply of red cedar, some n and s silky oak, a few pieces of black walnut and some merbau posts are waiting a good home....
I'll stock up again and have a sale after the wood show.

Greg

Carry Pine
1st June 2010, 03:36 PM
OK Greg but only if you stop hijacking this thread while the loyal Tiger supporters can have their moment of glory.

Now where were we?

yes, now for St Kilda- what's the plan?

Graham

Lignum
1st June 2010, 05:24 PM
Now where were we?
yes, now for St Kilda- what's the plan?
Graham

Plan? Depends on how selection goes. As I have no idea how Dimma and the Match Committee will be approaching this game, im fence sitting with three options.

Option 1- Reward the players for a superb job

In - Simmo (retirement)
Out - Polak (unlucky)

Option 2- Reward the players for a superb job and if Foley 100% ready to play.

In - Simmo Foley
Out - Polak Nason (rest, as it’s his time)

Option - 3 Sticking phat to a pre planed structure. With the faster Etihad we will need a fresh team after that amazing 258 tackle slog, that will drain any team, especially our young ones, and we have only a 6 day break coming off a road trip. Dimma said they deliberately went small because of the conditions, so I would assume he will reverse that with the perfect undercover conditions of Etihad. This is my prefered option.

Out - Polak Nason Nahas Moore ----- (all rested)
In - Simmo Thursty Foley Rance ----- (Rance to tag Goddard)

They have Dawson out so Jack will have a field day:D, and Big Griff in his second game will show everyone why he will be the next big thing in world sport. Little Kingy has been superb in the last 2 weeks tagging, so he will shut down Milne. But its Lids, Cotch and Dusty who will slaughter them in the clearances and stoppages.

Tiges by 13

Also congrats to Dustin Martin for being this weeks Rising Star:2tsup:

Greg Ward
1st June 2010, 06:27 PM
St Kilda, What?
The patron saint of the criminal under class (as in:

"Duh... the girl is dead i think...."

"Jeez! who Kilda?"......

Is this what you mean Graham?

Greg

Carry Pine
1st June 2010, 09:03 PM
Greg,

Don't give up your day job of selling timber from your back yard in a harbourside address. ie: leave the jokes to Wongo.
Now leave this serious thread to the serious Richmond tragics to wallow in their victory.

Graham