PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Thanks from Afghanistan

PenTurner
3rd June 2010, 11:13 AM
:)I have attached the letter as is, thanks to ALL contributors, Amos:):2tsup:
Because it is difficult to read in the Attachment I will type it here.

22 MAY 2010
Dear Amos
I am writing to you non behalf of all the officiers and soldiers from Afganistan to say thank you very much to you all for the pens. I divided the pens for all the troops and they were happy especially the section commanders for they are the ones who write a lot.
I told them that it was given to us from your group and your cards also were given to them.

It is great to know that our people back home are thinking of us here and it gives us the strength to keep going. Everyone is doing well here and very busy. Some of the guys are starting to rotate on their leave. It is great to see them having a break. It is still very dangerous over here butthey are doing their best. The best thing for them is looking at children and people around in this place have a smiling face because they feel safe when the Australians are around them. It is their job to make a difference in the lives of the people here.

Would you please pass on our sincere thanks to all the members of Ubeaut Woodwork Forums in Australia for the great gifts you have given us. It makes our day a bit easier when we know that you support us. ay God bless you all in the works you are doing there. Keep up the good work.

God Bless Australia.

Padre Al Lavaki
Chaplain
MTFI, 6RAR Battle Group,
Tarin Kowt, Afgan.

wheelinround
3rd June 2010, 03:03 PM
Amos I am going to print that out as a mate is ex-6RAR and has sons over there it will give him something to feel good about people being behind them.

Ray

RufflyRustic
3rd June 2010, 03:30 PM
Brilliant! That has made my day :2tsup:

Mulgabill
3rd June 2010, 05:56 PM
Congrats Amos and all those who contributed.:2tsup: A wonderful gesture to the boys and girls serving over there away from home.

sundowner
3rd June 2010, 09:26 PM
great to get feedback,well done to all.

Sawdust Maker
3rd June 2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks

That makes me feel wanted :)

and a little guilty re the couple I've yet to finish

was going to give an excuse but it pales into insignificance give the Afghanistan situation :doh:

I_wanna_Shed
3rd June 2010, 10:31 PM
What an awesome letter to receive back! Congratulations to everyone involved in this. I will be sure to participate next time.

Good on ya's all!

Nathan.

Touchwood
5th June 2010, 01:17 AM
Well done to Amos for coordinating this once again. Our day to day tribulations pale to insignificance compared to trials and tribulations faced by others in countries not as fortunate as our 'lucky country' - may we NEVER forget and take it for granted.

:aussie5::aussie5::aussie5:

JD