PDA

View Full Version : Calm comes to Keiwa

jefferson
3rd June 2010, 09:18 PM
Just a thread letting you know if Calm is unheard of he has arrived at Keiwa - sorry no photos but beleive me he is here.

I didnt realise what a nice guy he is - a top bloke - always willing to help out in anyway possible. Like tonight he finished my Rib steak & chips for me while i was getting a drink.

He is on a trip from here to West Wyalong (Monday, Tuesday) then Hilston (Wed) then Berrigan, Deniliquin and reckons he will be home for the long weekend. He has a laptop and should be online by Monday.

We are in the process of finishing a Blackwood platter (long story) and longer job. Hopefully photos tomorrow will show the progress.

Cheers

wheelinround
3rd June 2010, 09:21 PM
Always nice when forumites drop by. :2tsup:

Pat
3rd June 2010, 09:23 PM
Hello Jeff, so Dave is back trying to put holes in your roof.:U

Did you finish the redgum burl bowl that you started after xmas?

Have you anymore of the Redgum slabs. The Platter I made ended up being the engagement present to my best mate and his Fiance, after Deb told me to give it to them, because she thought it was so good.

rsser
3rd June 2010, 11:35 PM
David is a helluva generous bloke .... think of how many calories he saved you from ;-}

tea lady
3rd June 2010, 11:54 PM
David is a helluva generous bloke .... think of how many calories he saved you from ;-}and if he helped you drink your beer too, that's some brain cells he's rescued.:D And having him turning helps immensely when installing sky lights later on. Very helpful chap. Hardly useless at all! :D ......... Must dash. :scareboo:

:D

Jim Carroll
4th June 2010, 10:05 AM
So is that the CALM before the STORM:oo:

Allen Neighbors
4th June 2010, 10:10 AM
Bless his heart.... :D

RETIRED
4th June 2010, 10:10 AM
Keiwa? I am surprised he found it.:wink::rolleyes::D Is that the local spelling Jeff?

Ed Reiss
4th June 2010, 11:56 AM
So is that the CALM before the STORM:oo:

more likely the storm arrived with the calm :o:D:D

artme
4th June 2010, 01:05 PM
I note from the planned route that our generous and gregarious friend is driving in circles.:D:D

Wasn't much calm in Lennox Head yesterday.:o

tea lady
4th June 2010, 01:43 PM
I note from the planned route that our generous and gregarious friend is driving in circles.:D:D

Wasn't much calm in Lennox Head yesterday.:oHe's into turning you see. But only one way.:D

Calm
5th June 2010, 11:17 PM
Yes i am here in Sunny Wodonga - bloody cold today though.

I have left Jeffs place - to move to another friend at the Hume weir for a couple of days then West Wyalong Monday.

A big thankyou to Anne - what a wonderful woman she is, Jeff is so lucky - for the bed and meals and the great freindship. Thanks jeff as well of course.

Sorry i forgot to get the pictures but maybe Jeff can take one of the platter and post it.

I my own defence Anne had cooked a beautiful Eye fillet and Jeff said he couldnt eat it so - being the helpful type i just helped out.

Catchyou later in the trip.

Cheers

David