PDA

View Full Version : Im happy part two

jerryc
8th June 2010, 05:46 PM
Reluctantly I have had to face facts. With a heart that is only five to ten percent efficient (both sides have failed) I haven't been in the workshop since I last posted in early March about my fight to continue. see earlier post --I'm happy--
On the treadmill at rehab I can last three and a half minutes.So I guess it's time to close the workshop.
Thanks again to all those who gave support.

Jerry

wheelinround
8th June 2010, 05:57 PM
:o Jerry sorry to hear that news.

Hope all goes well.

Ray

mic-d
8th June 2010, 06:23 PM
:(:(Wishing you all the best Jerry. Take care.

Cheers
Michael

watson
8th June 2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Jerry.........take care

tea lady
9th June 2010, 12:05 AM
:C So sorry to hear!

artme
9th June 2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry things have gone this way for you Jerry.:C

Hope you cope with things well enough to keep you happy.

rsser
10th June 2010, 11:45 AM
Bummer Jerry.

Well you can always crank up your post count on the forum ;-}

Foo
18th June 2010, 04:56 AM
Don't throw the towel in now!:no:

whitewood
18th June 2010, 08:00 AM
As we get older we have to face the fact that one day we can't do everything we used to do and still want to do. Sometimes it creeps up slowly and other times it hit like a ton of bricks. Either way it doesn't make it any easier to accept when it happens but it's part of life. I think the trick is to accept the inevitable but to find some alternatives to keep us active, in mind if not in body. Resser's suggestion is one example of what you could do to keep active, still use your workshop skills and you would be helping others.
I'm not looking forward to the inevitable when it happens to me but I know it will one day and at my age it will be sooner rather than later. I wish you all the best and keep fighting.

John

jerryc
19th January 2011, 04:11 PM
Some time ago I felt it time to leave the scene. But I've decided to fight again. How long I'll last is unknown, but I've started with sanding down a small table for refinishing. Bending over with the belt sander is tiring, I can last about ten minutes with luck, but it's a step in the right direction.
As for the workshop, it's a mess as it has become a dumping ground but even half a day a week will produce results.

Jerry

rsser
19th January 2011, 05:32 PM
Good to hear Jerry.

Must be a welcome distraction.

Best wishes

MAPLEMAN
21st January 2011, 09:58 AM
Some time ago I felt it time to leave the scene. But I've decided to fight again. How long I'll last is unknown, but I've started with sanding down a small table for refinishing. Bending over with the belt sander is tiring, I can last about ten minutes with luck, but it's a step in the right direction.
As for the workshop, it's a mess as it has become a dumping ground but even half a day a week will produce results.

Jerry Keep up the fight 'ol mate,don't throw the towel in yet:no: Hoping your health improves,all the best:2tsup:

wheelinround
21st January 2011, 01:51 PM
:brava:way2go:

Its hard Jerry and I hope its worth every minute