PDA

View Full Version : NSW:Swap Camphor Laurel to McKay

Black Bear
17th June 2010, 09:41 AM
I hope this is in the right place:

I put a offer in here somewhere on free Camphor, "If the person lived in or near Coffs Harbour".

I didn't realise, even when contacted, that Troy and Lloyd lived in McKay in Qld. However, undaunted by the possible postage costs we managed to get a 22.5k bundle of off cuts for the boy's for pen making.

The bundle arrived by Pioneer Bus for the sum of $45.00, and from what the pen making duo told me, they are happy with the colours.

I was given about half a ton of sawn camphor, many thicknesses, many colous, including a few white, nice grained bits, that I will use for Jewellery boxes.

Unfortunately, room is limited, so I am cutting up some of the less likely to be used bits into firewood.

Camphor Laurel is a noxious weed in this area, but not in Grafton, just up the road?

It was an interesting exercise.

mkypenturner
17th June 2010, 09:36 PM
thanks for doing that peter
will try and get some pics on weekend posted :2tsup:and start on that pen

and a little known fact you can send freight on the bus :2tsup::2tsup: cheap as chips
and super quick

mkypenturner
30th June 2010, 09:07 PM
ok guys
just to show you what woodturner2 and myself got from black bear
its a great bundle of boards thanks again peter for bundling them up and putting on the bus for us

Islander
1st July 2010, 06:50 AM
Hi Troy

Envious. Will try this to get some. I have a huge mango stump on our block which is dry. Next week i'll tackle it with the chain saw.

Rog

Islander
1st July 2010, 07:21 AM
Hi Troy and others

Just a short note on how does one do the bustransport thing. Who does one contact etc.

Many thanks to all. Since joining I have become exceedingly brilliant:D:D:D LOL but jokes asside I love this site and look forward to heaps more wisdom and also the funny side of things. Had a bit of bad taste in my mouth with the rip off stories.

Kind regards to all my woody friends that I know (one) and all that I don't know

Black Bear
2nd July 2010, 04:44 PM
ok guys
just to show you what woodturner2 and myself got from black bear
its a great bundle of boards thanks again peter for bundling them up and putting on the bus for us

Beautiful pen guys, thank you very much,

Black Bear
2nd July 2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Troy and others

Just a short note on how does one do the bustransport thing. Who does one contact etc.

Many thanks to all. Since joining I have become exceedingly brilliant:D:D:D LOL but jokes aside I love this site and look forward to heaps more wisdom and also the funny side of things. Had a bit of bad taste in my mouth with the rip off stories.

Kind regards to all my woody friends that I know (one) and all that I don't know

I know you asked the other lads, but the paid $45.00 for 25kg of timber from Coffs Harbour to North Queensland.

It is just a matter of phoning you local Greyhound depot and organising it with them.

Once the delivery costs were paid, I took the bundle to the local depot and it was on the bus at 5.00pm that same evening.

Black Bear

mkypenturner
2nd July 2010, 08:15 PM
yep it was that easy :2tsup::2tsup:
and really bloody cheap

25 KILOS OF TIMBER FROM COFFS HARBOUR IN NSW TO MACKAY IN NTH QLD THATS 1350KMS AWAY only cost $45 bucks

using the bus was cheap as chips i totally recommend it highly

Black Bear
2nd July 2010, 08:28 PM
yep it was that easy :2tsup::2tsup:
and really bloody cheap

25 KILOS OF TIMBER FROM COFFS HARBOUR IN NSW TO MACKAY IN NTH QLD THATS 1350KMS AWAY only cost $45 bucks

using the bus was cheap as chips i totally recommend it highly

The amount of wood you use in a pen, I reckon I could send you selected bits to specifications via the post, if you wish.

woodturner2
2nd July 2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks again black bear for all that 'colourful camphor' you sent us:D it was really generous of you

thanks, Lloyd

richie47
4th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys for the bus info - I send avos down to Sydney now and then that way but never thought of it for timber...[DOH!!] :doh::doh:

Sending some planks down to Tom....[it's on its way this week Tom, I know it's been a while]
Was gonna use the PO but this sounds much? cheaper.

cheers, richie

mongrell
6th July 2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys for the bus info - I send avos down to Sydney now and then that way but never thought of it for timber...[DOH!!] :doh::doh:

Sending some planks down to Tom....[it's on its way this week Tom, I know it's been a while]
Was gonna use the PO but this sounds much? cheaper.

cheers, richieout fishing atm richie be back home in a 10 days or so .looking forward to seein it thanks mate

richie47
6th July 2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry Tom, a bit slack of me but busy as a one-armed paper-hanger with the crabs up here.
What buslines go thru your Lakes Entrance? I'll make some enquiries up here anyway. Should be waiting for you when you get in.

cheers, rich

richie47
28th July 2010, 05:57 PM
out fishing atm richie be back home in a 10 days or so .looking forward to seein it thanks mate

Tom, got a few boards ready, bound up with tape and cardboard, couldn't fight my way thru the Greyhound's imported telephone girl b/s, no depot locally so went thru PO.
Need an address mate, can you txt it by tomorrow please?

cheers, rich

ps. freight will be about $20 I think.